+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I continue to tell her shes cute?

Should I continue to tell her shes cute?

Well, The title says it all but I need to give you some info first...

I know a woman(19) whom thought I (35)was cute. I thought she was too young. SO I said that(mistake). This is just the beginning...
    I even told another guy that he can have her...(mistake again). After being friends for a month or two I started to like her. And It turned into a crush. Now I feel like Crap. When its time to go (this is all at work, I know work is NOT the best place to have a relationship + age difference) at the end of the day and we go home our seperate ways I said to her she was cute she gave me a smirk. The next day at the end of the day i said she was cute again while she was walking away and she had a smile on her face though, but she continued to walk.
    Well, do women like that? Shall I continue to compliment her?
    I feel like crap for my initial reactions to her comments and think I have a crush now. I am not a player, womanizer nor am I good at flirting. But i think i really screwed this up.
    Any thoughts?

I thought she was too young. SO I said that
    What made you tell her she was too young. Did you just go up to her and say "you're too young" or did she actually ask you out and then you told her that? And.. why did you tell another man he could have her (like you owed her or something?) Did he tell you he was interested in her?

... and No, no matter what the answer to the above questions are, I don't think you should keep telling her she's cute. That gets boring after a while.

If you want to ask her out (even though dating a work collegue is often bad news) then just ask her out. If she says no, then get on with your life and find someone else to focus on.

You might be making her uncomfortable too. I would stop.

19 and 35 isn't an age gap, it's an age bus lengths. This is creepy.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

To Wakeup-
    I never really said, "your too young" to her face. It was in a break room with others talking, eating, texting, doing whtever. She must have said something to somebody else and that somebody called me out and said I have an admirer or something like that...Thats when I said that(i think she heard me). My first impression was "too young".
    And I don't know why the heck i said that to the other guy...this is what bugs me the most. Uggghhh. We were just talking and she was watching us.

We definetly like each others company(at work), don't work together more than two-three days a week and we are both happy to see each other. She shows me her tatoos(on her side)! I believe that i "woke-up" and realized how amazing this woman really is.
    I just dont want to do the wrong thing again. I guess I will ask her out(on a date thing)...?...First impresssions only go so far, right? Hasn't anybody ever grown on you? I am not her boss, teacher or anything, just a dude; actually I have been told that I look young for my age. And I am not good with attractive women. Kinda shy. In fact, i will be nervous when I do ask...maybe I just don't want to get turned down... Thanx

I say just task her out, if she turns you down, so what. At least then you'll be able to get over your little crusth and stop wasting thoughts of her friendliness as being any more than simply that. Make sure it's not against company policy to date within the firm and keep in mind if it doesn't work out (if she does go on a date with you and it gets more serious) that you'll have to look at one another everyday.

I don't think 15 years is that much of an age gap if you are super shy and you are inexperienced in the realm of sport sexing women while she's mature and equally chaste.

Let us know what she says when you ask her.

the gave gap is not huge, but I know women go through a lot between 20-25 yrs old what are you looking to get our of this... some fun, or long term ?

Rob1984-
    Honestly i just want her. If it turns into something serious then great, if its just a thing, I am ok with it as long as it happens!
    And yeah I am not very expirienced at all..

As long as she smiles its all good. Be cool dont be afraid to fail. Talk with her like with kid because thats who she is.

Quote Originally Posted by rob1984 View Post
    the gave gap is not huge
    It's a 16 year age gap. He can be her dad.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

I'm really shy too and inexperienced. I would offer her my number and go from there. If she's interested, then she will text you or call you. If she's not then she will throw it away. Better than being rejected for a date.

for some reason that age gap does seem like a lot to me... maybe it's because she's still 19 and technically a "teenager"... where are you gonna go on the date, she's not even legal to get a drink hahaha

Well before I had the guts to ask, I have gotten alot of bad signs. She mentioned this "other guy" a few times when we were talking...something about what he did for her, and what he has. She never says boyfriend. Oh and her new car is the same make and model of this other guys. I think I am in the friendzone. Do women like to be asked out several times by the same guy?
    When I was 19 I felt invinceable. I wanted sex but not so much a relationship. This woman I think is in the same stage as was I. When you turn 35 and don't get any sex for a while you almost fall for a woman too easily and really would like to settle down. I am not a sexual predator just a lonley guy whom thought he found something. Shall I move on?

Tug is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Dude I couldnt imagine dating someone thats 15 years younger than I am. Think back to when you were 19 and how you acted, not saying it was a bad thing but you probably didnt act nearly as mature as you do now. If I were you and you decide to take it a step further I'd hit it quit it no point in thinking the relationship is going to be one that can lead to something it isnt