+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I feel like I want to breakup. Rushed into the relationship

I feel like I want to breakup. Rushed into the relationship

I feel like I maybe rushed into things with my current boyfriend. I had been in a relationship with my ex for a year and 7 months. He cheated on me in the past and then the reason for our breakup was because of another girl that he had just met and known for less than a couple days. They met online. We always had problems concerning other girls and he just wasn't committed to me. It really hurt at first, but I somehow thought I got over it fast. A month later my best friend confessed that he loved me and wanted to date me. I said yes because he was so different than my ex. He really treated me well and I knew he wouldn't hurt me. He's really my definition of a perfect boyfriend so I don't get why I can get myself interested or even feel that spark very well.

We've been together for about 3 weeks now and my ex started coming back last week begging for me back because his gf broke up with him. I know that it will never work out between us again no matter how much I wished it would. But, it made me start questioning my relationship for some reason as well as my feelings. I know I like my boyfriend, but I'm not sure if it's more than a friend): With my ex we talked everyday on the phone and with my current bf we never do. We only talk on instant messenger. I know that he's busy with tests and his extra curricular activities, but I really don't feel like I'm in a relationship. I also do still have some feelings for my ex still which is making me wonder if I even do like my boyfriend more than a friend. My boyfriend said he will be less busy soon, but it seems like he's always out doing something. We're long distance for the time being until I move back to the state we met in. He really treats me well, but lately I just don't feel it. My friends are telling me to wait and see if we talk more. What do you guys think? I'm scared that I might regret it since he's the kindest guy I have met. I also keep feeling bad for wanting to breakup when he's so kind to me and it hasn't even been a month...I don't really know what I want now.
    Last edited by kuro92; 26-02-13 at 10:05 AM.

The last sentence you added there really sums up your situation right now, you don't really know what you want. You should take some time to figure that out without diving into any serious relationship. You need to get closure first before you can really love your current boyfriend.

I already know it's not possible with my ex. All he does is jump back and forth between me and that girl even though he kept calling me and begging for me back/claiming he loved me. Also he hurt me too much and I doubt he will ever change):

But you still have feelings for him, those won't go away over night. I think you should be honest with your current boyfriend and tell him how you feel and then you two need to figure out how to proceed from there.

I think I'm going to break up with him):...I'm just not ready to be in a relationship again. Also my mom's health is pretty bad and I feel like maybe I've been looking for comfort in guys to make me forget about it. How do I do this without hurting him?

He will be hurt if you break up with him, no matter what you say or do. The best you can do is be honest with him, don't make up excuses. Just tell him how you really feel about everything.

Advice: Dont go back to the ex. He is not worth it. Be on your own and heal over time. When your ready-you may get back with your friend or you might meet someone else. Good luck