+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Breaking up is hard to do

Breaking up is hard to do

I dont understand why some people cry over breakups with their bf or gf.What is the point of crying for days weeks or even months. My bestfriend broke up with her bf a few months ago and she is still not over it. I dont get it. I told her life goes on and to suck it up get over it and move on. There are so manyother fish in the sea. She was really getting on my nerves and I am trying to help her. For me Its just a waste of time to cry. I dont believe in that broken heart mess with a bf or gf. So how can I help my friend forget and get over this guy already. She needs to stop acting like a cry baby.

Wow...thank you for sharing.

To be honest, being hurt and crying may seem "pointless" to you, but it's a natural action. To confront and accept the situation for what it is, we must face the hurt. By crying and being generally sad over it for a while, we're facing it and confronting it. Feeling it as humans so we may get used to the situation and try moving on. If you just break up with someone and move on to the next person, you're not giving yourself time to feel and accept the loss. In turn, you automatically put an end to whatever may become of your next relationship because you're not accepting the fact that the other is gone.

Like it or not, you need time to heal. Broken hearts do exist.

You don't understand because you have never really been in love?

The act itself of breaking up is easy to do, the consequences are felt different and are relative to the individual.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Because of the deep feelings one carries. It's emotional. It does depend on how deep the relationship was though. I wasn't even in a relationship with this guy but the way he is it still hurts!

Its a loss and you need to grieve that loss. The time it takes to heal is based on the individual and how emotionally invested they were in that person. If you cannot be supportive to your friend-I suggest you leave her alone until she is ready "to get over it" a few months is nothing. It takes time.

have you ever been broken up with? loved someone and had that person say they don't love you anymore? it is truly heartbreaking and a very sad experience to go through. people take different amounts of times to heal, but it depends how long she dated this guy. you're being insensitive. ways to help her would be listening to her, giving her a shoulder to cry on, take her out to cheer her up, and just being there for her.

This post just sounds ignorant. Clearly you are young and haven't experienced heart break yet. Since you haven't experienced it I get that it is hard to understand that someone can cry and hurt over this for a while, but if you look at all the posts on this forum obviously it exists. Try to sympathize with her and take her mind off it by going out and doing fun things, and be there for her if she needs to talk about it. It will take time but eventually she'll be back to normal. And just remember just because you haven't felt that way yet doesn't mean you should diminish how someone else feels because I'm sure your time will come when you feel this way about someone too.

I was like you before... but after being hurt by the same person once before i though i would stop crying over him, but the second time it happened, i cried even more. Maybe your friend put a lot of effort to open herself up in that relationship. A relationship is based on trust and emotions, its not based on logic. If it was based on logic, then people would not get into relationship and only be together for the sake of passing the gene to the next generation. Bit back to topic, it takes a lot for someone trust their bf/gf because they know that they may end up hurt, but they still take that chance because they hope that things will get better. And to lose that trust is devastating, and thats why people cry and go over the things that had happened and see if there is any chance of getting back together. But be a good friend to her, and comfort her and listen to her when she needs to talk. I have to thank all my close friends who listened to me vent for hours and they all just took it in and was there for me. The best way to do it is just let her know that you are there if she needs to talk, she will get over it eventually.

How old are you Alou? Hve you ever experienced a breakup with someone you were truly in love with before? Maybe you should be more sensitive to your friend.

Obviously you have never been in love.

I recnetly got my hear broken in to pieces, I heard about this new show that helps you get over your ex and answer questions (exandwhycasting.com)
    I am thinking about applying, what do you think?