+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Are we friends with benefits or more?

Are we friends with benefits or more?

So I met this girl 1 month ago at a club in the city.

Long story short, she is from Italy and currently travelling here (Australia) to experience more of life, find herself and possibly move to another country.

She is most likely leaving in the next few weeks to return to her family, but does suggest that she might move to Australia and anything is possible.

Anyway, to the point.

During this month we have gotten along really well meeting up every weekend and hanging out watching movies at home and cooking, blah blah blah.

Nearly every moment together we are touching each other (hugging, getting close, making out etc)

The weekend that past confused me somewhat the most, on the saturday night she was at my house having a bit to drink and eventually after making out and hugging each other we got to the bed to take it to the next step. Before having sex she said to me "she's not sure about this, because she likes me but not how I think", after that we had a bit of sex and she stopped and said its too uncomfortable for her.

But then the next day when we were both sober she changed her mind and we had sex again until the end with no problems or complaints.

After that weekend we had a conversation and she said "we are friends with benefits, that's exactly what it is", I'm just not sure if it's only me that has feelings for her, or she is not telling the truth. Basically im not sure if its only friend with benefits or anything more.

If you want anymore information just ask away.

Also, if you want to know:

She recently broke up with her boyfriend about 2 weeks ago, although they haven't seen each other for around 4 months since she was travelling. She said that the breakup didn't feel bad because she was already away from him for period of time and lost the feelings. They were also having conversations where the boyfriend would say "he is thinking of cheating on her" which made her realise that it wasn't working out for them.

We talk about most things and we are really open with each other, so I know her quite well for this short period of time.

Yes, I'm trying to stay in control of my emotions but it can be quite difficult at times, and I have thought about what kind of relationship I would want with her. Believe it or not but even though in this short amount of time she is acting as a 'drive' in my life, a motivation, focus and craving.

So I'm still trying to figure it all out.

Friends with benefits would be one way to label it. But I'd be more likely to use the term "Holiday Romance". You're a delightful interlude in her holiday but nothing more.

Unless you're planning on moving to Italy, I'd take some photos and file her away as a fond memory.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Friends with benefits would be one way to label it. But I'd be more likely to use the term "Holiday Romance". You're a delightful interlude in her holiday but nothing more.

Unless you're planning on moving to Italy, I'd take some photos and file her away as a fond memory.
    "The things you do for love"

haha, I might be over thinking the whole situation. She is a special girl to me but I guess your right.

Holiday Romance, here we call them travel whores.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

If you want more and she wants less-you are better off without her. It is too complicated and too messy and she may get back with her bf as soon as she goes home. Stop wasting your time.