+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does she find me attractive or is she just being flirty and friendly?

Does she find me attractive or is she just being flirty and friendly?

So I'm friendly with a co-worker. She's called jenny. I know think that a few months ago that she may have liked me as she used to flirt with me, and I flirted back. I'm not really sure now though.

She is quite friendly and bubbly to most people in the office and always smiles when she talks to people, so it is quite difficult to tell if she is flirting or just being friendly. I can safely say that as far as I have noticed, she is just that little bit extra friendly/playful with me.

Here's a few things she does as example:

-This morning, I was speaking to a colleague, who sits near jenny. After speaking to my colleague, I was walking back to my desk and was lightly whacked in the face with some paper by somebody walking past, and it turned out to be jenny.She burst out laughing, and I didn't have anything to say. For the rest of the day we were emailing each other having a pretend argument using law terminology, as we work in law firm. Safe to say she hammered me and took opportunity to mock me as I don't know much about law.

-This doesn't happen as much now, but on occasion I do find her looking at me from time to time.

- Every now and then I get greeted with Hey Douchebag or called 'fool' by her, this is mainly when she texts me though.

-When we do bump into eachother she does seem to smile quite a bit and we have pretend arguments, where she gets quite playful and immature.

-When I told her that I had a new number (which I hadn't given her at the point) she did seem a bit surprised, but not too obviously.

As far as I know I am the only person who she is this playful with, and she is a very friendly and flirty person, but it's just who she is.

Any opinions or am I doomed?

Besides you two working together at the same place I don't see a reason why you shouldn't just ask her out to lunch or some drinks after work.

I agree with bearz, you're not doomed, you haven't even tried. Talk to her, get a feel, see if she wants to go for a drink. If she says no, you have your answer.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

To hell with "signals" some girls will hide the fact they like you, while some will make it obvious. The only way to find out is to ask them out on a date....it is as simple as that. I agree with the others you will never know unless you try. Life will not change for you if you fear taking risks.

Gotta see her outside work and see what happens.
    I never seem to know the right move when I think about it and try.

Just be direct. As I see she is outgoing person and I think you will not have any troubles if ask her out or to have lunch or even go to cinema. If she doesn't feel the same way as you do at least you will have a pretty nice time together. I wish you luck.

Hi Samuel,
    As you both works in a same place so it's common to have eye contact or exchanging smiles. Invite her for movie, coffee or date and her response will make the picture clear.