+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Honeymoon Period??

Honeymoon Period??

Guys,

When in a new relationship, how long do we think the honeymoon period lasts for?
    You know before things get boring, you start thinking about your ex, or you realise the grass isn't greener on the other side?

To give context to the question, here's the post it relates to http://www.loveforum.net/threads/77784-Lost-my-love-what-to-do?highlight=

When I left my first husband, I met another guy within two months. New guy and I have now been together for over 20 years. The only thoughts I've had about my ex are ones related to being grateful that I didn't listen to his promises of change. And being grateful that I left. The grass certainly IS greener. And while life isn't full of adventure, it's not boring. I'm content.

You stuffed up. Your ex has moved on. Time to accept it.
    Last edited by basilandthyme; 28-02-13 at 03:42 AM. Reason: grammar
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

When you are in a new relationship you start to know the person you are with, you get to know him/her and all the things you do with make you fall in love and forget about the past. This can happen in a happy situation, when you feel that your partener is worth to invest feeling, when you realise if you are the same or different.

If you don't realise these things, then you can start thinking about this honeymoon period is over. Plus if your ex is present in your mind or life when you try to be with someone else, that is not fair for you or your new friend to continue.

The honeymoon period normally lasts 6monts-2years. If your thinking of an ex (wanting her back) you shouldnt be in any relationship until ur over her.

If ur in a healthy happy relationship and you love her-you should not be thinking the grass is greener. You should put all that time and effort into uur relationship, focus on what u have and making her happy. Leaving a happy healthy relationship coz u think the grass is greener is stupid and a sign of insecurity

however leaving an unhappy or destructive relationship is the right thing to do but its not healthy to leave for someone else. After a relationship ends you should be alone for awhile before starting something new.

When someone leaves there partner for someone else-theres a 1% chance that it will work out and a 99% chance that everyone involved will get hurt in some way..

I'd say it varies from person to person. There are some that can be so blind for years- more than two. And in the end, they get hurt.

Just let it ride for now and let whatever happens happen. If you start to lose interest or the other person starts losing interest, it then may be best to consider if it'll actually go anywhere and end it if you don't feel it will.

You can never tell, really, till it's too late. Unless, of course, if it's moving insanely fast...

Depends on how awesome he is.

I'm not the "he".

From what I can see "he" has nothing on me in terms of career, ambition or status so I can't see the appeal to my ex of him over me..

I know that's childish and superficial and materialistic but I can't figure out how long it'll take for her to get bored of doing the same thing , going to the same places and meeting the same circle of losers.

If ur her x-it has nothing to do with you. Move on with your life and let her get on with hers. If hes a rebound it could last up to a year. Depends how long she wants to escape reality for..

you will know it by then. you cant say how long it will, way before.

some last weeks, months, years. but it often lasts not more then 5 years for you to know
    if its becoming love or its just over.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorza View Post
    I'm not the "he".

From what I can see "he" has nothing on me in terms of career, ambition or status so I can't see the appeal to my ex of him over me..

I know that's childish and superficial and materialistic but I can't figure out how long it'll take for her to get bored of doing the same thing , going to the same places and meeting the same circle of losers.
    Have you got any idea how much of a tosser this post makes you look like? If you want success in love, you'll have to get down off your high horse and learn some humility.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Yeah, i figured it was a crappy post but its what's going on in my head. The whole situation is making me act like a total noob!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gorza View Post
    I'm not the "he".

That kind of thing doesn't sweep a woman off their feet....a charismatic confident broke ass poor guy will suffice. If stimulates her senses, she isn't going to care about his "status"....chemistry and attraction will over rule. Some women like a diamond in the rough....they see it as a challenge, be the one responsible for making him a better man. This kind of thing can be intoxicating for some women.....hence the reason a lot will chase after a jerk, a bad boy, player or a loser.

shesjustnotin2u Guest
    ... The honeymoon stages of a relationship last for a few weeks to a few months.

Afterwards is the "make it or break it" point of a relationship for people start to really exhibit their true personality as the relationship moves into a more comfortable stage.

Those who are just out for the newness and thrills of meeting someone, usually jump ship at this time.

The honeymoon stage of a relationship is when everything is new and exhilarating and everything about your SO is dear to you, including their idiosyncracies and foibles. After the honeymoon stage, the idiosyncracies start to bother you and you and your SO actually have to work at seeing whether this relationship is for the long term.

Unfortunately, it doesn't last very long (maybe 2-6 months, give or take). Reality sets in and the rose-colored glasses come off. What happens after the honeymoon stage depends upon whether the relationship is meant to go the distance or not. The routine, especially SEX will become boring, especially if you have busy work lives. It depends on your compatibility once you see each other for who you really are, and whether or not both people can deal with their partner and the everyday humdrum stuff that goes along with a mature relationship. It will either (a) crash and burn or (b) move forward into something better.

Thus I must emphasis why it is important to have a relationship not solely based on SEX but also a friendship where you can continue to build the relationship and enjoy doing things together. -unknown

And if you think the grass is greener on the other side, try watering your own first before you get carried away and throw something good away.

shesjustnotin2u Guest
    And if youre the ex, let her go and move on with your life. Her loss, not yours unless you ****ed up why you are dwelling and wandering about her relationships.

I agree with everyone here, whatever she is doing with her life shouldn't be a concern for you anymore, you guys are broken up. Stop acting like a sore loser because you got the shitty end of the break up, just move on. It's such a waste of energy on someone who doesn't want to be with you. Relationships end, and there will be more after this one. If you feel like a good catch for someone, then it's her loss isn't it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast