+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies, Do you like attention when going out?

Ladies, Do you like attention when going out?

Ladies, when you are in a relationship, and you go out to bar/club with your friends (your boyfriend or significant other not included), do you still want the attention from guys at the bar/club? I know your answers may differ based on your age, but that's what I'm looking for, input from all ages.

What I'm trying to find out is whether it is possibly just an age related thing that a girl who is maybe 23-24, and in a loving relationship, still seems to want to the attention from the guys when she is out, even though she has a loving boyfriend at home, or if this is something that is normal throughout a girl's 20's and 30's and so on even though they are in a relationship. If the girl seems to still want the attention of the guys, is this a sign perhaps, that she isn't ready to be in the committed loving relationship she is in?

As a guy, when in a loving relationship, my girlfriend is the only girl on my mind when I am out with my friends. Sure the guys will talk about this girl and that girl amongst each other, but I'm never worried about trying to get some girl's attention or hope that some girl comes and talks to me, because no matter what, everything about her will be inferior to my girlfriend in my mind. Therefore, I go out solely for the purpose of having a good social time with people I trust, to chill and throw back a few beers and have no concern for any attention from any female, for the only girl I want attention from is my girlfriend.

That being said, I am wondering if this is the same for any of you girls/ladies? Do you reach a point where you no longer want the guys hitting on you at the bar and giving you all this attention and trying to get with you, because you have a loving boyfriend and don't need the attention from other guys?

Thanks for you input!

Everybody gets an ego boost when someone attractive pays attention... but that doesn't mean they welcome it.

Nobody needs it. Some crave it because of insecurity. It's not age related... some people just never outgrow it.

I agree with you on all of that, and perhaps that is the cause for my concern. My girlfriend went out for the first time since she confessed to be really in love with me, and she said guys were hitting on her and trying to talk to her and her friend, but she was more grossed out by them hitting on her. My girlfriends response to the guys hitting on her was odd to me because I know when she was single, and even in the dating stages of us, she craved that attention and almost requires it for the exact reason you mentioned. So I was pleased to hear her saying this......however, she seems to be concerned that being in love, makes going out to the bar/club not as fun......I explained that I think that going out to the bar while in a loving relationship is different in that you are going out for the social purpose of hanging with friends and having a good time, as opposed to when you are single and going out to soak up all the attention and get every sleezy person in the club/bar to hit on you......to which she replied that she likes the attention usually, but didnt tonight this time for some reason.......

Now that last part concerned me....from that does it appear as though she still feels that she has to want sleezy guys hitting on her in order to have fun? Does it sound like she still wants the single life and perhaps isn't ready to be in a committed relationship?
    Last edited by halfandhalf12; 28-02-13 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by halfandhalf12 View Post
    I agree with you on all of that, and perhaps that is the cause for my concern. My girlfriend went out for the first time since she confessed to be really in love with me, and she said guys were hitting on her and trying to talk to her and her friend, but she was more grossed out by them hitting on her. My girlfriends response to the guys hitting on her was odd to me because I know when she was single, and even in the dating stages of us, she craved that attention and almost requires it for the exact reason you mentioned. So I was pleased to hear her saying this......however, she seems to be concerned that being in love, makes going out to the bar/club not as fun......I explained that I think that going out to the bar while in a loving relationship is different in that you are going out for the social purpose of hanging with friends and having a good time, as opposed to when you are single and going out to soak up all the attention and get every sleezy person in the club/bar to hit on you......to which she replied that she likes the attention usually, but didnt tonight this time for some reason.......

Now that last part concerned me....from that does it appear as though she still feels that she has to want sleezy guys hitting on her in order to have fun? Does it sound like she still wants the single life and perhaps isn't ready to be in a committed relationship?
    You sound incredibly insecure. She says she was "grossed out" by these dudes, yet you turn it around in your mind that she someone misses being single? BTW....you should be proud guys are hitting on her. You also should be flirty with the ladies while youre out with the guys.....nothing wrong with that at all

I hate it when I get attention from men especially on a night out. Even when I was single-I didn't like attention off drunken sleaze bags. I go out to have a few drinks and dance all night with my friends and then go home to my man.

I think if anyone "needs" attention they have low self esteem/insecurity issues.

Do you trust your gf? Why are you so concerned?

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    I hate it when I get attention from men especially on a night out. Even when I was single-I didn't like attention off drunken sleaze bags. I go out to have a few drinks and dance all night with my friends and then go home to my man.

I think if anyone "needs" attention they have low self esteem/insecurity issues.

Do you trust your gf? Why are you so concerned?

If men gave girls no attention, they'd all be living in convents like yourself.

Broads ALL crave it. They need it, matter of fact, so don't listen to them when they post here talking about how perfectly secure they are.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb2 View Post
    insult me all you like. You dont know me.

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb2 View Post
    Yeah, and if broads didn't like all that attention then they....pretty much wouldn't EXIST.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

If they want attention, they just wear less clothes and put their boobs and ass on display.

Too bad that at the same time they also complain about people looking at them.

I agree with bearz. If a girl wants that kind of attention. Shell wear something too tight, too short, boobs popping and all the extra fat, cellulite and stretch marks showing lol. As well as orange fake tan, too much makeup and some ridiculous wacky hairstyle.

Most girls go out to have fun with their friends and if they are single they might give their number to someone they like or even kiss someone. Theres a reason why the players and sleaze bags end up with the trash

Nope. Players get all the babes and the rest of us get nothing or an uggo.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    Nope. Players get all the babes and the rest of us get nothing or an uggo.
    Not where Im from.

Michelle, your opinions are a bit strict and i think that 85% of the world lives in a different way... but then Ireland is known for being quite religious, so it doesn't surprise me...
    as for the thread, yes we do like attention (and not always do we need to dress like easy targets). It's always nice to see that someone looks at us or gives us a smile BUT to like a discreet smile or "hello in the air" is different from someone not understanding that we are not interested in going home with the guy...

But I guess it is the same for both sides, isn't it?
    If a nice girl comes to a guy and they start chatting, it's always pleasant and does not involve any sexual evolution or cheating on your partner. Does it?

There's a reason why make up is a staple in every culture on earth and why men wear tuxedos and women wear unique gowns at formal events.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast