+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Im I being had, or is this a possibility?

Im I being had, or is this a possibility?

I met a guy several months ago. We met online, spoke on the phone, had a coffee, and decided on a date. It was an awesome date. Then, almost immediately, things got a little unsual. He tells me he has been badly damaged by serial rejection and while he cant participate physically, would like to be friends. OK. I say, because he has many special qualities that are rare, in my experience. I agreed to be friends, but feel much more than friendship, and much as I try, have a hard time keeping these feelings in check. I initiate everything, but he willingly obliges. But keeps a strict physical distance, outside of an occasional really warm hug, when, I can tell, hes feeling ok about things. But he vacillates, emotionally. Sometimes he gets chippy with me, but he really is having a hard time, financially, due to the nature of his work. Im a happy soul with a fantastic career. We are continuing away here, but sometimes I get the feeling that despite what he says, and yes Ive brought it up, that he both cares for, and resents me, not for anything Ive done, but because by comparison, his own situation, to him, is a tough one.Sometimes, I think he is terrified because of multiple past rejections.Other times, I wonder...am I just an ego flattering 'something to do'??Not sure wether to continue or not. What do you think??

You say that you aren't sure if you should continue being friends with him. I guess the first thing to ask is are you happy with the friendship the way it is?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

He is damaged, possibly in need of therapy. Or he is a liar and isn't attracted to you physically. Either way, B&T is right, determine your happiness with the situation and act accordingly.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

If he just wants to be friends and you want more-forget it. Get over him and meet someone else. You cant be friends if your hoping for more than that