+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Should I have to explain?

Quote Originally Posted by onesexyblonde View Post
    ... my ex getting mad for me telling
    how long have you been seeing the therapist about this and why are you even worried about what your abusive ex thinks ?
    you are the victim.

you should at least tell 1 or 2 close friends or family members so that you have additional support.

it seems you are now living together with your bf ? if so, i agree with OV that daytime discussion is better as well cos otherwise it may be a long night ...

Good luck !!

Quote Originally Posted by asdfg789 View Post
    how long have you been seeing the therapist about this and why are you even worried about what your abusive ex thinks ?
    you are the victim.

you should at least tell 1 or 2 close friends or family members so that you have additional support.

it seems you are now living together with your bf ? if so, i agree with OV that daytime discussion is better as well cos otherwise it may be a long night ...

Good luck !!
    been seing my therapist for two years i had an emotinal break down that made have to go and i m worried about what my ex thinks because i dont want him to hurt me and i only want to tell my bf if that and ok day time discussion

... i m worried about what my ex thinks because i dont want him to hurt me
    physically hurt you ? are you still in a close circle of friends ? and no one will protect you ?

physically hurt you ? are you still in a close circle of friends ? and no one will protect you ?
    well he is best friends with my bf and my bf says he would never let anyone hurt me im just still afraid i wish i was a guy so i could protect myself

well he is best friends with my bf and my bf says he would never let anyone hurt me im just still afraid i wish i was a guy so i could protect myself
    hmmm ... if you ever breakup with your current boyfriend, I hope you will find someone outside the same circle of friends. makes things kind of complicated.

what about telling your family members ?

hmmm ... if you ever breakup with your current boyfriend, I hope you will find someone outside the same circle of friends. makes things kind of complicated.

what about telling your family members ?
    i woulf rather keep it a secret i have my bf and hi is what i need

You could ask your bf to come to a therapy session with you and ask your therapist to help you tell him the truth. I also recommend that you tell your family/close friends. It makes it easier and you need all the support you can get.

i woulf rather keep it a secret i have my bf and hi is what i need
    relationships come and go. blood is thicker than water.

unless you have serious issues with your family, they can provide better support over time than your boyfriend.
    don't build your life around 1 person and 1 person only. you need a balance with spouse(or partner), family and friends.

my 0.02

relationships come and go. blood is thicker than water.

unless you have serious issues with your family, they can provide better support over time than your boyfriend.
    don't build your life around 1 person and 1 person only. you need a balance with spouse(or partner), family and friends.

my 0.02

in my experience my bf has been there for me through more than my family ever has or could be

in my experience my bf has been there for me through more than my family ever has or could be
    He will be there for you through this too. You just have to let him in so he can help you. I know it must be really difficult for you. You should try sex therapy or even hypnosis. Sex is a healthy part of a relationship. Its a way to build trust, it brings you closer, makes you feel loved etc. It creates a bond between you and makes you love each other more...

Your view of sex is distorted because of the bad experience you had and its normal for you to feel that way but you need to focus on moving forward, healing, learning to change your opinion on it and learning to trust your bf enough to know he wont hurt you or force you. Learning to enjoy sex and not thinking its bad or dirty etc. It will take time but that should be your goal

xx

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    He will be there for you through this too. You just have to let him in so he can help you. I know it must be really difficult for you. You should try sex therapy or even hypnosis. Sex is a healthy part of a relationship. Its a way to build trust, it brings you closer, makes you feel loved etc. It creates a bond between you and makes you love each other more...

Your view of sex is distorted because of the bad experience you had and its normal for you to feel that way but you need to focus on moving forward, healing, learning to change your opinion on it and learning to trust your bf enough to know he wont hurt you or force you. Learning to enjoy sex and not thinking its bad or dirty etc. It will take time but that should be your goal

xx
    i just dont think at this point i can learn to enjoy it

i just dont think at this point i can learn to enjoy it
    Not right now but with help and support you can.

Not right now but with help and support you can.
    i kinda dont want to. ive given up on sex all togther its scary and emotionally clausterphobic. besides if i let go and let him be in control whos to say he wouldnt take advantage of it

You could ask your bf to come to a therapy session with you and ask your therapist to help you tell him the truth. I also recommend that you tell your family/close friends. It makes it easier and you need all the support you can get.
    thats not a bad idea and i havent talked to my family since i started being abused by my ex when i treid t0 tell them they just said that i deserved it

they said you deserved to be abused...?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast