+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Break up & gifts

Break up & gifts

Hey everyone my name is Jay and my girlfriend and I recently broke up. She cheated on me for the second time recently, and this time I really do not plan on getting back together. It was a great run and everyone said we were meant to be, especially since all her ex boyfriends were abusive and drugee's. I guess I was doing something wrong though. But what I really want to know is if it would be wrong for me to take back the iPad mini I have her for Christmas and give it to my younger brother, since he has been saving up for one? And would it also be wrong to take back the iPhone five and give it to her younger sister, who has been nothing but helpful to us and has also been wanting one? I know it would be Indian giving, but I really don't think she deserves either and I would be happier if the two young ones could put it to good use. Thanks for the time and input everyone!

I would say yes, if this was a mutual break up then no, based on the circumstances I would, She does not deserve those things.. plus you will not look bad, as you are obviously giving the iphone to her sister. I'm sure her parents will see you as a stand up guy and be disgusted with their older daughter

No, you cannot take back gifts. They are owned by her now and if you took them, it's called stealing. If she took you to the small claims court, you'd be ordered to give them back.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

she would have to prove they are gifts, he can say he let her use them during the relationship. Oh man I see a debate coming lol

What do they say about possession being 9/10s of the law?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by rob1984 View Post
    she would have to prove they are gifts, he can say he let her use them during the relationship. Oh man I see a debate coming lol
    Proving that the iPad was a Christmas gift shouldn't be hard. Christmas being what it is, most of us have witnesses when we open our gifts. And I'd she can prove that he's lying if he says it was on loan, it won't be hard to convince the law that he's lying about the other gift too.

Gwk is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    You gave her the gifts and they belong to her now. Sorry but I don't see how you can justify taking them back now.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Wanting gifts back is sour grapes. If she had any class she's return them, but well, if she had any class she wouldn't have cheated either.

Let it go. Things are just that.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by JAY1323 View Post
    everyone said we were meant to be, especially since all her ex boyfriends were abusive and drugee's.
    Last edited by dickriculous; 03-03-13 at 05:24 PM.

I gave my ex gf an STD for a Xmas present- Should I let her keep it?

its her stuff ffs haa

on a serious note, forget about it

Quote Originally Posted by JAY1323 View Post
    Hey everyone my name is Jay and my girlfriend and I recently broke up. She cheated on me for the second time recently, and this time I really do not plan on getting back together. It was a great run and everyone said we were meant to be, especially since all her ex boyfriends were abusive and drugee's. I guess I was doing something wrong though. But what I really want to know is if it would be wrong for me to take back the iPad mini I have her for Christmas and give it to my younger brother, since he has been saving up for one? And would it also be wrong to take back the iPhone five and give it to her younger sister, who has been nothing but helpful to us and has also been wanting one? I know it would be Indian giving, but I really don't think she deserves either and I would be happier if the two young ones could put it to good use. Thanks for the time and input everyone!
    If all her exes were abusive and drugies, then clearly that is her type, and the two of you weren't going to work out after all.

No, you are not taking back the gifts, because that is stupid. What are you going to do, break into her house? Let it go. Just walk away and get on with your life, without getting arrested for stealing. It would have been nice if she had given the gifts back, but she isn't nice, she's a cheater who likes to get down with abusive criminals.

Wtf were you thinking, anyway? Were you going to be the knight in shining armor, riding up to rescue her from the dragons? Next time, try to find somebody who doesn't need saving. You won't get the big self-esteem boost from being generous and heroic, but you might instead get a healthy relationship with a normal person.
    Last edited by VincenzoG91; 06-03-13 at 10:27 PM.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Sorry for being so harsh, but if I could get ahold of a time machine, I would say the exact same thing to my younger self in 1997. And I did break into her house, though I didn't get caught or arrested.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

I don't think your being harsh Vince. I think sometimes you need to be blunt. OP find yourself a woman who is emotionally healthy with high self esteem and a ton of confidence. Vince is right. Women who have low self esteem (and men) are destructive in a relationship and will rip your heart out.

All you gotta do is watch Jeremy Kyle. You'll see all the lying cheating scumbags on it are all very insecure and quite unattractive. A lot of them have addiction problems also.

Change your type and stay away from women who normally have bad taste in men.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast