+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When a girl likes you, gives you hints, and you still don't know to make a move

Quote Originally Posted by limh8000 View Post
    I've really, really liked a total of five girls so far in my life (not just a crush, but actually develop at least a little bit of feelings for them, even though I hadn't "been out" with them) and I never asked any of them out just because I was afraid of them saying no.
    Well then my friend you are doomed to spend the rest of your life as a single person. AFRAID? Jeez that's just pathetic. I'm afraid of dying, I'm afraid of getting my knob caught in the zip of my pants after having a pee, but I'm not afraid of rejection because those of us who live in big bad world realise that it's something we can't avoid from time to time.

Yes I agree. You know your generation is what I call the coddled generation..... you were driven and picked up from school everyday, wasn't allowed to go anywhere alone, not even to play at the park or walk freely anywhere, never allowed to leave the yard, and spent most of your time plopped in front of a dvd or video game....absolutely no life experience. Now we are left with young adults practically peeing in the pants at the thought of asking someone out on a date. Shheeeeesh!

I recently went on a second date with this girl I really like. We haven't done anything intimate yet though, just hugged once. So as we are walking back to her car she tells me that something I did for her on our first date had earned me a lot of bonus points with her dad. Should I take this as a hint that she is interested in me (aka letting me know she likes me) or am I just overthinking this?

She just made a simple comment about how her father opinion about you.....it's just a compliment nothing more. Stop worrying about it. If she keeps saying yes to more dates then she likes you duh.

Ok, thanks

I think you should defiantly tell us! Sometimes we may be a bit shy too. You just have to feel out the situation more.. I am stuck in this same thing with a guy. I am too shy to tell him, and feel that it would be awkward to have to ask him because we are friends. But if i found out that he was pulling the same thing i'd totally be kicking myself in the ass for not doing it sooner i guess.

It is awkward to reject a guy who likes me. Especially if he's a great guy. But I know I'll always respect them for being honest and straight to the point. The best advice I can give you is to make it hard for the woman to reject you. Be the best version of yourself. To attract a woman of quality, you must first be a man of quality! I can't tell you what to do, but maybe try the straight up thing for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by mzzpnay View Post
    It is awkward to reject a guy who likes me. Especially if he's a great guy. But I know I'll always respect them for being honest and straight to the point. The best advice I can give you is to make it hard for the woman to reject you. Be the best version of yourself. To attract a woman of quality, you must first be a man of quality! I can't tell you what to do, but maybe try the straight up thing for a bit.
    In other words you have to be confident in your approach and there is no other way around asking a girl out.

Well I tried for a third date but she doesn't want to. I never actually told her I liked her, it's kind of awkward to say that after only two dates. Should I have said anything to her?

You definately need to go for what you want in life. That means telling her.

And no its not awkward to reject a guy. yes they'll get hurt but they WILL move on, as long as it's handled maturely it's a normal part of life. How many people do you know end up marrying the only person they ever date?

Being asked out on a date would indicate the person likes them....she knows you like her.

Well we met on a dating site so it's a little different, since we hadn't actually "met" before the 1st date. And I know a lot of people just use dating websites to meet friends as well. I've been on "dates" with people just because we had a lot of the same interests and they might become a great friend.

Most people are looking for a mate or sex, on dating sites. If you ask for a third date that means you obviously like her. That would be my impression. If you don't like someone why bother asking them out again? It's pretty simple.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12