+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When a girl likes you, gives you hints, and you still don't know to make a move

When a girl likes you, gives you hints, and you still don't know to make a move

I'm a shy guy, but also very confident. I'm not shy or scared around girls, I can talk with anyone and feel comfortable in just about every situation. Though when I like a girl, I can never tell her I like her, because I don't know if she likes me back. I'm not scared to admit it to her but I just don't want to put her in that awkward situation of having to maybe reject me (I know it's awkward as a guy when I reject a girl, so I don't want to put the girl in possibly that same situation).

Also, when I was in college there was this girl that liked me, though I didn't know initially. She was hanging around me all the time, guys I knew were making bets on when I was going to ask her out (and telling me), she ate dinner with me almost every night, etc. but I thought she just wanted to be friends. I thought she was attractive too and fun to be around. So eventually after about three weeks she finally told me she liked me and I was surprised. Now, looking back on it, basically everyone that knew me and her both knew she liked me except for myself. And that's the problem I have. I basically need a girl to tell me "I like you, will you go out with me" for me to know she likes me. And it's also happened where I like the girl, she gives me hints, but I still can't make a move and the girl eventually loses interest, even though I really like them.

So, to the girls out there, is it awkward for you to reject a guy who likes you? Should we just hold in how we feel, or just tell you the truth, even though it may create an awkward few seconds?

If you let a bit of awkward rejection hold you back-youll never find love. We prefer honesty and if shes not interested in you-at least youll no and can stop wasting time on her.

You have a lot of confidence? So why wouldnt she like you? Your a catch arnt you? Any girl would be lucky to have you as her man wouldnt she? So why do you hold back then?

Everyone gets rejected sometimes. Its part of dating. It doesnt mean there is something wrong with you-it just means you not her mr right. But you will be someone elses.

Dont hold back, dont put yourself in the "friend zone" just go for it.

Dude if you like a girl you ask them out on a date, simple as that. You can't be going around in life expecting a girl to do the work for you. If you have a good feeling with someone that should be enough. What's the worst they can say? No? Rejection is just part of life, so you better get over it or you will never get anywhere. If the waiting game, looking for signals hasn't worked for you, time to do the opposite. Stop waiting, and stop looking for the right signals. ....just go for it.

But I don't want to put her in that uncomfortable position where she says no....I want to be 100% sure I'm going to get a yes before I ask. How can I find this out without directly asking?

Quote Originally Posted by limh8000 View Post
    But I don't want to put her in that uncomfortable position where she says no....I want to be 100% sure I'm going to get a yes before I ask. How can I find this out without directly asking?
    Thank God all the great inventors, leaders and guys with girlfriends dont think like you !

Get some balls and ask her out

You cant find out by being passive. But you can be 100% sure she will not say yes if you dont ask. If you gona ask her, she will see that it takes courage to make a move and its even bigger turn on if you are fat or ugly because it takes even more courage. And doesnt matter what the answer is she will like you even more just because you try.

Been in situation when girl says she dont like me at all. But I just kept ignoring that and did everything as if she likes me. And after few weeks she cried just because I didnt talk with her.
    After another week she said she likes me.

Dude rejection is just part of life....deal with it. If you are too afraid that means you lack confidence and are insecure...these are not what you would call endearng qualities.

Its only like 10 seconds of awkwardness if shes not interested. Its not a big deal. Any lad ive turned down didn't make me feel awkward or uncomfortable. I was just honest. If she does reject you-its not a reflection on you and you should not take it personally. It doesn't mean there is something wrong with you-it just means your not right for her.

seriously-just do it already. ask her out

Yeah, you afraid because you never failed.

Even if you fail the strenght of character gain will be the measure of your true sucsess. As long as you lose like a winner you still a winner. You are right every single wrong.

How can I find this out without directly asking?
    is this a real question? how is anyone supposed to know if this girl will say yes or no? the only person who knows the answer to that question is her, and the only way you're going to find out the answer is to ask.

I agree with pcmaster saying that I'm afraid because I've never failed before...I've never asked a girl out before and I know I am afraid to fail. I just wish she would say something because I really like her.

I agree with pcmaster saying that I'm afraid because I've never failed before...I've never asked a girl out before and I know I am afraid to fail. I just wish she would say something because I really like her.
    Just how old are you? 3 years old. For christs sake part of being a grown up is learning how to deal with failure. If you expect to go through your entire life and never have to deal with failure, rejection and general cock ups you're in for a very nasty surprise. So grow up and ask her out you idiot.

In the beginning of your thread you said -
    I'm a shy guy, but also very confident. I'm not shy or scared around girls, I can talk with anyone and feel comfortable in just about every situation.
    And now you're saying -
    I've never asked a girl out before and I know I am afraid to fail.
    if you're very confident and don't get scared around girls, why are you so afraid to ask her out?

No you mean you don't want to be in an awkward position if she says no....you are not fooling anyone here.

Well, yes there's multiple reasons why it's hard to ask her out, but one of the reason's why I'm afraid to ask a girl out is because it hurts to be rejected....isn't that kind of obvious....???? When I say I'm confident, I am in mostly everything in my life. I can talk with a cute girl or the girl I like and not get flustered, embarrassed, etc. But the one I'm not confident in is taking that next step of actually putting my feelings out there for the girl and letting her know I like her. It just hurts knowing they might not like you back, so I've always just played it "safe" around the girls I like and not tell them how I feel. I've really, really liked a total of five girls so far in my life (not just a crush, but actually develop at least a little bit of feelings for them, even though I hadn't "been out" with them) and I never asked any of them out just because I was afraid of them saying no.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast