+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Help for new date

Help for new date

Hi,
    I like to start from 4 year ago which made me to come to this forum now and seek for help and advice.
    I met a girl on 2009 and she became the love of my life at that time, we dated for about 4 years and last summer we decided we want to get married and had everything set including wedding date and everything else until she started having problems with my parents and she gave me an option of leaving my family for good and never look back unless she will never be with me. The problem was that my mother was very concern about both of us and wanted us to make the right decision and she asked her couple questions about her future with me and she did not like the questions. She blew me off and she left me, I moved to Miami and got over the entire situation and came back to my home town Vancouver after almost 1 year. I totally forgot about her and my relationship with her and moved on. After about 1 month being in Vancouver I met another girl , she seems sweet and caring but she is just doing stuff and say things that I don’t know if I can continue seeing her or I have to let it go.
    We started with flirting and texting and minimal phone calls. She thought I’m going back to Miami and as soon as I told her that I’m staying in Vancouver she decided to get to know me.
    We went on a date once, but unfortunately date did not start as I was expecting. I’m a 31 years old guy and I’m extremely baby face and I look maybe max 21-22. First thing she said when she sat in my car was “ OMG, YOU LOOK EVEN YOUNGER THAN I WAS PICTURING” , she met me at a concert so she knew how I look like, but the fact that she said that on the first date specially when she told me that she always preferred the guy be at least 4-5 years older than her , blew me off and I kind of reacted to the thing she said and we had to have a little discussion about that as we were driving to the restaurant. That was resolved until she started talking about her old dates with other guys, and I had no problem with it, but at one point I felt disrespected and I told her “WANNA GIVE YOU A FRIENDLY ADVICE! DON’T EVER TALK ABOUT YOUR OTHER DATES WHEN YOU ARE ON A DATE WITH OTHER GUY!” and she took that to heart and she kind of got defensive which again I tried to let that go. We went to the restaurant and she started talking about other guys and her expectation which was opposite of me , (not in personality , in just heights and body and stuff) as she was talking and I was just listening and giving her an smile , she just stopped and told me that she is screwing things up and I just gave her a smile and she immediately told me that “YOU ARE A GREAT GUY AND YOU ARE EXTREMLY SWEET , I’M SORRY, I SHOULDN’T SAY THOSE THINGS”, and I just said don’t worry.
    We had our wine and food and we left the restaurant. After I dropped her off by her place, we hugged and gave couple small kissed to each other (face , not lips) she didn’t moved back and we just started making out and she didn’t reject anything, but she said “SHE DIDN’T WANT TO KISS ME TONIGHT AND SHE WANTED TO TAKES THINGS SLOW”.
    She usually text me in mornings and say good morning and stuff but I didn’t receive any from her , so I decided to send her a text, she replied but her texts was not as usual , so I asked her to call me anytime she is free and she called me about 5 minutes after , I told her that if she is not interested in continuing , it’s better if she tells me now than just ignoring and stuff because I’m a reasonable guy and I would totally understand and leave this. She said everything is ok but she just feels weird out because of the kiss. I told her that she shouldn’t be feeling this way , and we are not teenagers , so if something happened and it felt good in that moment just let it be for that and I also said that I enjoyed her kiss.
    Anyway… I’m really confused about what I’m going to do with this girl and I don’t know what to do.
    I appreciate any advice.

Mike

It's really too early to tell if this will blossom into a relationship, that's a no brainer. Go out a few more times and see how things go, but in the meantime if I were you I would keep my options open.

I'd say it's too early to know too. Ask her out...