+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Contraception

Contraception

Hi all, i'll make this quick.

My girlfiend has a tube in her arm, which is basicly like the pill she cant forget to take. lately, ive noticed that when having sex, when i pull out kind of get a bit of blood there :| , i didnt say anything .

she told me last night she has been bleeding irregulay etc and she is going to see the doctor about getting this tube taken out, i kinda thought this is a bad idea but what you all think?

im too immature to be a father, honestly!

condoms it is i guess? ... should i try to persuade her to keep it or is it her choice?

thanx

how long has she had it? the tube i mean. she's probably spotting from all those nasty hormones. it's ultimately her choice, but you should encourage her to see a doc.

Well Persuading is not exactly your job, BUT you should make it sound like advice and tell her why she should keep it in there....

I am pretty sure that the medication in her arm is the same sort that is used in birth control pills. There are many different types of birth control pills and also different dosages. Perhaps all your g/f will need is a change in the type of medication that is being used. However, it is her choice about what type she will use.

That being said, I would NOT rely solely on condoms for birth control, especially since you recognize you aren't ready for parenthood. You should wear condoms for additional protection from unwanted pregnancy and STDs, but they should always be used in addition to another form of birth control.

I'm assuming she using an IUD, which is basically a thin rod placed inside your arm. It can cause effects such as irregular bleeding. She should ask the doctor about side effects and/or check the internet out for information on side effects from the implant.

I don't think its anything to really worry about though (pregnancy wise).

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn

She should for sure go to the doctor and see what they say. also she may need to change into the pill form. you said you are too immature to be a father how old are you.

Quote Originally Posted by Fawn
    I'm assuming she using an IUD, which is basically a thin rod placed inside your arm. It can cause effects such as irregular bleeding. She should ask the doctor about side effects and/or check the internet out for information on side effects from the implant.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You should be using a condom even if she is on birth control.

Birth control doesn't always work. Ask my mom, that is why I am here today.

Quote Originally Posted by Fawn

An IUD (Intrauterine Device) is a small object that is inserted through the cervix and placed in the uterus to prevent pregnancy. It does not go into your arm. I think what he's talking about is Norplant.

Oh crap, I was thinking of the wrong thing. It is Norplant! *smacks head* My mistake.

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn

no its the long thin flexible tube in her arm, ive seen it, and she has had it for about 5 months i think, i dont use a condom, maybe i should, i am 17 and not ready for kids. she dosent want one either until she is 21 she says.. ahh what to say to her.. at the end of the day its her choice but i can try to persuade her i suppose

Lucky you, where I live, condoms are basically the only choice until you are a father, then you can use everything, expect abortion.

Abortion is a man's best friend
    ...and don't forget to use a Jimmy Hat