This is entirely non-fiction. This is a continuing log of my Girlfriend and I's evolving relationship.

Prologue

It all began around nine months ago. School was out and I was to spend a week as a counselor for a local day camp. I had gone to the camp as a student for years, but had finally outgrown it, and moved up to counselor. There, I met her. If anyone wants to be technical, we had met the year prior. However, we didn't meet then. I walked up to her and asked her "Who shot first?" Any self respecting Star Wars fan knows that Han shot first. She was a Star Wars fan, and answered correctly. This started us on a week long friendship. We would talk about Star Wars and look at funny pictures all throughout the week. During that time, I quickly developed a crush on her. This was unsurprising. If I'm to be completely honest, i'm not the most popular person, and it was rare to find a girl with the same interests.

Soon, the week ended, and we exchanged emails. We Emailed back and forth throughout the rest of the summer. Things became difficult due to a trip her and her family went on to Europe. With limited computer access, she was able to email once a day. It wasn't easy, but it worked for a time. Soon after she returned to the states, I too went on a trip. At the Airport, I remember telling her I liked her. Looking back, I was very hasty, and I quite thoroughly shocked her. She brushed off my gushing, and we continued with our normal conversations. I believe I proclaimed my "Love" for her a few more times between then and November. We were both back in school (Me in middle, her in High), and we made plans to meet for a movie.

It was a start. We ended up having a great time. But, we had yet to develop true emotions for each other. That happened when we watched The Hobbit together. Talking about the experience months later, we both agree that's when we started dating. Over the next few months, we met on occasion, at most twice a month, to hang out, see a movie, or go out for ice cream.

This chapter ends here, on Valentines Day.