+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Contraception

Contraception

I know that by its very nature this forum is certain to attract a good share of dimwits and idiots (it attracted me after all) but jeez what is it with some people. We have:
    Condoms
    Implants
    The pill
    The coil

Yet people seem to end up pregnant. How are they dealing with contraception? Keeping their fingers crossed and hope everything goes well?

I'm going to assume you're not talking about those that actually used one or more of the above choices but the little swimmers found their way anyway.

I think that a number of women get pregnant accidentally-on-purpose. They KNOW there is contraception available but are too lazy to use it - to me, that's a deliberate accident.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Most the people i no who had an unplanned pregnancy were on contraception. It can easily happen to anyone. Stop being so judgemental.

I have a few friends who had unplanned pregnancies young and are all amazing mothers. I also no a few that probably did set out to trap a bloke and failed miserably but that doesnt make them bad parents-just desperate

I hope I don't end up having a baby but they say if you use condoms perfectly you have a higher percentage and be fine. I wouldn't want to use birth control because of the side effects but I know my risks and some people are willing to take them.

Well, some people use the new method of having sex... It's like a game show. For guys, the golden prize is a sandwich afterwards. And for the girls, the golden prize is a baby. Of course, STD's and unpleasant experiences are added bonuses to meant to offset the hurt of losing if neither of them gets the golden prize.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    I think that a number of women get pregnant accidentally-on-purpose. They KNOW there is contraception available but are too lazy to use it - to me, that's a deliberate accident.
    I definitely agree with that. I also think some girls do it on purpose to "trick" their boyfriend/fiancee into getting married, or getting married sooner than planned. it happened to my cousin. she dated the guy for 5 years, nothing happened, no babies. one night we were at a super bowl party and she was drunk, she told me she wanted to get married but her boyfriend wanted to wait a few years so they could save up more money and make sure they were ready, blah blah. next thing you know about 2 months later she was pregnant. she was on birth control all those years, mentions wanting to get married sooner, then suddenly is pregnant? I think she stopped taking it or something, lol

Quote Originally Posted by oxytocinbite View Post
    I hope I don't end up having a baby but they say if you use condoms perfectly you have a higher percentage and be fine. I wouldn't want to use birth control because of the side effects but I know my risks and some people are willing to take them.
    Are the side effects of the pill something you've discussed with your doctor? Or are you listening to ancient tales of weight gain etc? There are many different types of contraception with varying results on our bodies.

You say that you're willing to take a risk with condom only. Is your boyfriend also willing to take the risk of an unplanned pregnancy? Is he fine with paying for the child's upkeep for the next 18 years?
    Last edited by basilandthyme; 12-03-13 at 09:02 AM.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Is your boyfriend also willing to take the risk of an unplanned pregnancy?
    Remember, stairs are for going up and falling down. Accidents do happen...
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Quote Originally Posted by Cerby View Post
    Remember, stairs are for going up and falling down. Accidents do happen...
    Yes accidents do happen. But there are ways to lessen the odds. I just wonder if the boyfriend is happy with high odds

Quote Originally Posted by ashley89 View Post
    I definitely agree with that. I also think some girls do it on purpose to "trick" their boyfriend/fiancee into getting married, or getting married sooner than planned. it happened to my cousin. she dated the guy for 5 years, nothing happened, no babies. one night we were at a super bowl party and she was drunk, she told me she wanted to get married but her boyfriend wanted to wait a few years so they could save up more money and make sure they were ready, blah blah. next thing you know about 2 months later she was pregnant. she was on birth control all those years, mentions wanting to get married sooner, then suddenly is pregnant? I think she stopped taking it or something, lol
    I also find it interesting how a high percentage of accidentally pregnant girls were already 'clucky'.

Yes accidents do happen. But there are ways to lessen the odds. I just wonder if the boyfriend is happy with high odds
    I think you missed the objective of my post...if I add "stairs" to the bottom of the list of contraceptives, would it help? It can go above "Rum + coat hanger"
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Why not be on the pill AND use condoms??! Ppl choose to have sex not caring about the consequences. Gosh, you should see how busy these abortion clinics are with young, dumb 18 yr olds. I've heard girls even say "this is my 8th abortion!!!!" Yet still continue to have unprotected sex. It's unbelievable. Ppl like that deserve to be aborted.

Having a child is a serious matter and I don't think some people look at it as seriously as they should. We have so many methods of birth control in this country yet we still end up with so many unplanned pregnancies. I realize accidents do happen and no method is perfect. However, there sure seem to be an awful lot of these "accidents". I think people need to be more conscious about the consequences of their actions

Quote Originally Posted by Cerby View Post
    I think you missed the objective of my post...if I add "stairs" to the bottom of the list of contraceptives, would it help? It can go above "Rum + coat hanger"
    Nope it wouldn't help. Your comment seems to have sailed high over my head....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast