+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to ask a shy guy out?

How to ask a shy guy out?

I am thinking of asking out an aquattence. He is REALLY shy. Like megga shy, hes 25 and never asked out a girl in his life. Iv never asked out a guy before so Im totaly clueless. We have a comon friend, so I dont know him from work or anything. Anyway, I need some ideas on how I can ask him out or tell him I like him in a very casual and non intimidating way. I feel he would say no if he was too intimidated. Id love to hear from shy guys on this too. BTW Im pretty shy too.
    24/Bi F/Alberta

As a shy guy myself I can easily tell you how to ask him out. Ask him out. Just don't even worry about it. Just ask him if he'd like to go out to dinner or even mention date. For me I'd be so flattered I'd say yes in a heartbeat. I say go for it because shy guys are typically very quick to give you a chance.
    Heit ist mein taug.

Honestly, just ask him. Iknow, thats easier said then done.

But you know he's a shy guys you just need to make your intentions clear and then they usually open right up.

Re: How to ask a shy guy out?

Just try and sit down with him, one on one and chat and ask him if he would like to go out with you on __ insert day__ for a cup of coffee or whatever. If he says it's not a good time or takes a rain check, then tell him how much you would like to go out with him sometime. Shy guys (myself included) like quieter settings and one-on-one get-togethers. So dont just pop up next to him and ask him out and pop away. Be gentle and "smooth." lol. Or you can just ask him straight out without easing into asking him out.

I think just taking things slow will help so he won't be intimidated by any aggressiveness. Maybe expressing to him that you're interested but saying you'd like to hang out with him to start. If goes anywhere from there, great!