+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dating, we all hate it

Dating, we all hate it

We get quite comfortable in a relationship, that we can't imagine
    ourselves being single, and in the same situation that others dread.

We make it out as such a big deal, yes there are people that
    keep waiting and just brush off everyone, and then complain.

I think with us guys, we need to be confident and optimistic
    about any date we go on, and just let it flow, and not over analyze.

Stuff will go wrong, but you need to learn from it, and move on.
    You need some swagger as well, to show that you like being the person you are.

Your conversations will seem a lot more believable, if that is what you feel inside.

The dinner or movie date gets old, so try to initiate contact right away, and
    you'll see how much better you'll feel, as she'll know if she's safe being around you.

We judge people with what they can share with us, not what materialistic good they can provide, so do the little things, and you'll see major rewards in the end.

I want people to add this, as i can just keep bubbling.
    Last edited by Kromat83; 16-03-13 at 10:32 PM.

Dating sucked as I recall (when I was in my 20's), but now that I'm much older and experienced dating would be easier (if I was single). The only concern I would have, being at the age I am, would be the slim pickings LOL.

All my dates sucked more or less. But it feels much better doing something than just sitting at home.

I don't like dating at all, we always set out unrealistic goals.
    Women seem to get, so indecisive about each situation instead of worrying how they feel at that moment.
    Instead of worrying if there's chemistry, we worry about their materialistic purchases, how much they make, what type of car they drive, etc.
    Sometimes people fear who they are and try to act something they are not.
    If you don't like yourself, how is somebody else ?
    It's a lot easier for someone to accept your flaws, then hide them and then show them later.
    I know I have my problems, but this is who I am, and I enough good qualities about myself, that they'll appreciate what type of person i am.
    There are people that have gone through rough times in their life, but need
    to stay optimistic that everything will be alright and they'll succeed.
    Last edited by Kromat83; 17-03-13 at 03:50 AM.

I agree. And a lot of people seem to go for the shallow approach to dating (at least, with guys I've known) by chasing the posh type that look like twigs and dress like slutty teenage skaters. I think we should all just take a step back and reevaluate our view on looks. Don't get me wrong; I've sometimes sought out guys just because I've thought they're cute. But looks mean nothing if there's nothing underneath (personality). I'd rather just date an average guy with a great personality, to be completely honest.

As for dates, we don't need to project this suave front. We just need to recognize our dates are human too. They eat, drink, shit, and look like crap in the morning like everyone else. No one rolls out of bed and has an entire forest of animals dressing them and primping their hair. Once this is recognized, I think it's easier to relax because we're not putting the other on such a high shelf. We're just sitting back to talk and seeing where things go. Yes, of course, we're all hoping it'll lead to the big M, but if it doesn't work, we'll move on and find someone new.

The best date advice anyone can give is the most cliche: Be yourself.

Dating is friggin' awesome! Now I don't know if any of the things I've done with girls can be considered proper dates, but I'd LOVE the positive stress of having to get prep'ed for an upcoming date.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    Dating is friggin' awesome! Now I don't know if any of the things I've done with girls can be considered proper dates, but I'd LOVE the positive stress of having to get prep'ed for an upcoming date.
    I'm torn between thinking you're being sarcastic or honest. But if I had to choose, I think I'm going to put my money on sarcasm.

Honestly, dating isn't THAT BAD when you're going out with the right person... I actually went on one date that was pretty interesting. We had a very fast meal at a diner, but then we went on a 2-3 hour car ride where the guy showed me back roads and scenery between our towns I had never seen before (Our towns were close.). We even went through this old covered bridge that's rumored to have the spirits visit you if you honk your car horn after driving through it. It was just a lot of interesting conversation and a mutual taste for adventure.

What you have to be fearful of are the unfavorable twats that you usually find.

Nope, dead serious. Dating is awesome. I like having things to get ready for and think over, something to really look forward to.

I dream of dates such as that which you described. Unfortunately, I imagine most dates these days being standard, predictable affairs like going to movie and a date without any real spark or anything interesting.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    Nope, dead serious. Dating is awesome. I like having things to get ready for and think over, something to really look forward to.

I dream of dates such as that which you described. Unfortunately, I imagine most dates these days being standard, predictable affairs like going to movie and a date without any real spark or anything interesting.
    Okay, I was wrong- my bad.
    Anyway, that makes sense. It's the anticipation because you're hoping it'll go well. For me, it's the opposite because I always seem to be trying to make sure I'm on time and did all I need to do to get ready (For example, I cannot find it acceptable for me to go on a date without having brushed my teeth at least twice beforehand.). In the end, I'm usually about a half hour to an hour early, though.

And LR, you need a girl with a taste of adventure then. You can always apply that to your online dating profiles if you haven't already? Sometimes, we're chasing the wrong kind of person.

I meant hating in the sense, that things don't workout as planned, and there's no chemistry equally.
    I will still be he same, but not everyone likes the type of person I am, that it's why the search is worth it when we finally find that person and it clicks.

While I may be very happy with my 20 year partner, I have to confess that I really miss dating. I miss the excitement and the adrenaline and the first kiss and new energy lust.

But like someone else said, reality at my age and in my situation would be somewhat different. I'm not sure there are a lot of available 50yo guys - and of those who are available, who'd want to take on a carer with an autistic son?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I find dating to be frought with anxiety and aprehension, and usually ending in failure and disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by dem862 View Post
    I find dating to be frought with anxiety and aprehension, and usually ending in failure and disappointment.
    This is only when we find undesirable people... I know how that feels, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kromat83 View Post
    Dating, we all hate it
    Speak for yourself.

don't know how people can like searching again for that match.
    Okay, the initial excitement is great and all, but having to go on countless dates and think you did alright only to know that the other felt no chemistry, really sucks.
    Sometimes, even getting someone to date you, is a chore.
    Very indecisive , single minded people in the world.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast