+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How should I handle this situation with her?

How should I handle this situation with her?

So I am currently deployed overseas and want to talk to this girl that has a huge crush on me, the only problem is that she has a boyfriend now.
    When I went home on leave before I deployed we hung out twice (she had a different boyfriend at the time and it was a failing relationship, I didn't try anything cause I still wanted to show her that I respected her). After we hung out she messaged me saying how I was sooo cute and thanking me for let her hang out with her.
    We would message each other now and then over the course of deployment and she would say how she misses me and to stay safe.

My question is: Even though she has a boyfriend, do I still try to talk to her? It would be just as friends obviously.
    Let be friends

no dont. not while shes taken.

No, don't be silly. Don't fake yourself. You want more than a friendship with her, and she has got a boyfriend. It only will hurt you if you keep contact with her. I recommend you to forget her and look for another girl who is available.
    "Hope is based on what we unknow, what is everything. Hopelessness is based on what we know, what is anything."

Please, I hope you excuse my mistakes. Don't forget I'm only an intermediate student of your language. But, in order to improve, I'm trainning hard!

Nothing wrong with saying hi once in awhile, as long as you keep it platonic. It can be dificult and lonely because of your career, but maybe you might want to broaden your horizons and talk to other "single" girls. There is no point in focusing your attention on just one girl, especially when she has a BF. It's a time waster.

I doubt she is the type to do long distance (she seems to have np finding a BF), so I can't see it working out for you anyways.

I'm happy being single and made myself realize I won't be in any relationship for a long time especially since I am going to try out for special forces. I see how it seems that if I talk to her it will be the same situation with her last BF and I am trying to start something with her, but I am on the strictly platonic friendship idea. I can't keep talking to her for years trying to stay in touch so that when I get out we can be together, I would just like to have her stay as a friend, so would it still be wrong to talk to her.
    Let be friends

Absolutely nothing wrong with that. I'm married and I have always had male friends that I chat with.