+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should I go out with a guy who is a decade older than me?

Should I go out with a guy who is a decade older than me?

So, should I? I am 23, he is 34.

Off internet site.

It depends on how mature you two actually are, you might be closer than you think. I don't see a reason why you shouldn't at least get to know him.

Any males on here who have dated a female way younger than they are? Please share experience and thoughts.

I gave up the last girl I had something with as soon as I turned 18 cuz she was 16, I think...That sucked.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    I gave up the last girl I had something with as soon as I turned 18 cuz she was 16, I think...That sucked.
    Well that was stupid.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by fearoflove View Post
    So, should I? I am 23, he is 34.

Off internet site.
    If you're sensible about it, what have you got to loose?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Well that was stupid.
    Stupid because it isn't wholly relevant or stupid that I had to drop her because of her age?
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

If u like him and trust him-you can go on a date. I dont see any harm in getting to no each other but if uv met him online-be safe. Take necessary precautions like meeting in a public place a few times first surrounded by people, and type his name into google etc to do a check on him, make sure hes not married or anything or has kids etc.

Be cautious and wary and dont jump into anything too soon. After a few dates-try to meet one or two of his friends to suss out if hes genuine

good luck.

Ya, I have no problem just meeting the guy. A few things he says seem kind of suspicious. This is on POF (free site), he says he is a systems architect, flies private planes sometimes, and he puts up a few pics of himself that looks as if it has been professionally done or fake, and he wants to see more pics of me but refuse skype.

Don't know if he is bullshitting me or what.

..that's kinda scary. I think there's an unwritten rule for online dating about if you have a bad hunch, it's better to follow it. I am sure you can easily find another date without any potential red flags, fearoflove.

That's true. Although, he seem honest in other aspects.

If he wont skype u first dont do it. It sounds very dodgy to me. Follow ur instincts.

Flying private planes sometimes and using free dating site dont make much sense.

Where did your jewish guy went?

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    Stupid because it isn't wholly relevant or stupid that I had to drop her because of her age?
    stupid that you dropped her because of her age. 16yo girl and 18yo boy can actually be a very good match. I spent a couple of years dating a guy who was 3 years older than me when I was a teen. While we didn't have what it took to be together forever, we certainly shared some great times together.

The dude sounds like a dude.....move on.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast