+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I get back into the dating game?

Should I get back into the dating game?

For the past year, I have been in 3 relationships. Yeah, I know, that sounds crazy, but each time I've pretty much ended up being used. The first relationship lasted 3 months, and the guy was a total deadbeat and ended up cheating on me, so I dropped him like a hot potato and moved on. A month later, I started dating a new guy and he wanted things to move extremely fast, and we were together for 4 months. Now I didn't even really like the first two guys, I was just trying to date them to meet people, but they both wanted to move swiftly, just to get me to sleep with them, but I did not.

Now the last relationship I was in just ended about a couple months ago. He and I dated 4 months, but we both really loved each other. Or at least, I love him. I was so happy. I finally was in a relationship with someone who I was in love with. However, things changed for him so we broke up, and since the break up he has been stringing me along, knowing that I will do anything for him. He got a girlfriend 5 days after we broke up and I just found out a few days ago. And ever since the break up he has been flirty with me, and calls me baby and tries to get me to send him dirty pictures.

Eventhough I'm hurt from him, and I'm tired of bullshit, I'm thinking of maybe at least joining a dating site? I feel like a total loser because right after we break up, he gets a new job, new car and new girlfriend, while I just sleep and work on school. Should I start getting back out there, or should I just use the time to really focus on myself and my needs? He was very selfish in our relationship and never focused on my feelings.

Take some time.

Try to figure out why you keep picking these types.

Perhaps some counseling.

Dating sites are a cesspool of more of those jerks you have been dating. I can't see that being a healthy start for you. I think you need to focus on yourself, go to the gym, take dance lessons, join a club or find an interest that you can share with other people. Meeting singles through an interest that you might have or hobby is much better. Join a club or a co-ed sports team....keep active, keep busy with life.

I see a pattern here. You have bad taste in men. You need to change your type and learn how to avoid men who treat women badly-otherwise you will keep getting hurt. Learn to be happy on your own, be strong, independent, have a positive attitude, be confident, learn to love yourself for who you are. Then you will attract the right men.

I see that you are only 18 and I am willing to bet most of the guys around your age are still very immature, selfish, and basically dicks. While at 18 you are probalby more mature than most guys, you are still finding out who you are. You don't need to join a dating site. Use this time to figure out what you really want and be happy with yourself before you can have a meaningful relationship. Just be your wonderful self and someone will come along, just don't take less than you deserve. No need to actively search for a guy, from your picture you look quite attractive so I am sure you will have suitors.