+ Follow This Topic

Thread: my biggest what if

my biggest what if

Hello everyone.I know that my problem sounds quite typical for the average teen girl,but I really could use some advice and different perspective than the one my girlfriends have.
    So here is the thing.Ever since 2010,I've had feelings for one boy-we hang out in the same crew like a few times a year for a few weeks,and we text,but more rarely than often unfortunately.I truly believe that my feelings are real and not some momentary phase,I believe that it's not like I've created a pefect vision of him in my head,I know him well enough to know that I want him-with all his flaws.We've gone out alone,just the two of us two times ,and we were both really shy then so there were a lot of awkward moments and I've liked a few more boys beside him,I've even had a boyfriend recently and also a few flings,but I've never felt with them the way I feel when I am with him,no one.So here is my dilemma-since it 's spring break after one week and we'll be hanging out a lot during it I wonder if I should really,once and for all,just like-confess my feelings for him and get it over with cause I'm tired of silence,of not saying what I feel and even though the thought of being more open and just acting scares the hell out of me,it's been 3 ****ing years and I feel like if I don't do something about him now I'll probably regret it.Again
    And about his attitude towards me-I must mention that one of his friends had a huge crush on me and probably he still does,which may be the main reason why he hasn't done anything,since I know he is a very loyal friend.And there were times when I used to think that he liked me as more than a friend,and times when I was convinced that he didn't like me at all and basically I'm pretty confused about the whole thing..so what do you think I should do-find a way to let him know what I feel about him,directly and without holding back,or just do what I am used to doing-just hang out with him and the gang and hoping that the feeling will pass..I mean it's not like we're that best of friends so ruining our friendship isn't really my fear,but what would you do if you were in my place?
    Thanks in advance,I would really appreciate the help.

just tell him how you feel. You don't want to be stuck in that hole forever. If he likes you then it's great and you can decide where to go from there, but if he does reject you, then you can move on. I know it's easy to say this but hard to do, but honestly it's the best option.

Quote Originally Posted by blueberrypie_s View Post
    just tell him how you feel. You don't want to be stuck in that hole forever. If he likes you then it's great and you can decide where to go from there, but if he does reject you, then you can move on. I know it's easy to say this but hard to do, but honestly it's the best option.
    Agree with this. It's one of the hardest things to do, but even the worst possible outcome (him rejecting you) will be a good thing in the long run.