+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Marriage Proposal Advice

Marriage Proposal Advice

Hi there! I am looking for some advise in regards to a marriage proposal I am planning for my girlfriend. We have been together for about a year and a half and since being together, one of our little "things" we do is remind each other when it's 11:11 and to make a wish. When we are actually together, we each close our eyes and make a wish at the same time. Anyway, I have planned a surprise trip to Old Montreal, Canada and reserved a beautiful and romantic hotel overlooking the St. Lawrence. During this time, in June, there will be a musical fireworks display, to the sound of "It must be Love," and will be viewing them from the rooftop terrace. They start at about 10 pm and only last about 30 min. I was thinking about either proposing during this time or wait till we get back to the room. On the rooftop, there will be a lot of people up there watching the fireworks and the loud sound from them might take away from the actual proposal. If I were to wait till we got back to the room, I would try and have the room set up with lit candles all over, rose petals on the bed and elsewhere and music playing. While standing in front of the large windows that will be open with a beautiful view of the water/lights, I would remind her when it hits 11:11 and tell her to make an extra special wish. (one of her wishes have always been for me to ask her to marry her) While her eyes are closed this time, I would get down on one knee and hold out the ring for her to see when she opens them, then ask her to marry me. I am pretty sure this is the way I would like to do it, but not sure how special it would be from a female perspective. Should I propose instead during the fireworks display and would that be more memorable? Also if I were to do it in the room, I could have a camera set up to record the whole thing. Thoughts? Any other ideas? Thanks!

Excited B/F

HORRRAYYYYY for you. That is perfect and I think you will have a melting, very much in love, woman in front of you, who will say, "Yes!" She is lucky to have you. Proposing at 11:11 in your room is a hands down winner. Recording it? I wouldn't vote for that. Ann
    Ann

Great thanks! I just needed some confirmation that this would be a good way to go about it. And as for recording, I wouldn't mind having something special to watch later and perhaps create a montage of pics and vids for the wedding. For her birthday, I created one that had pics of her at birth all the way up to her current bday, which she loved. But if you think it would def take away from the moment...then I will reconsider it. The camera would be hidden so that it won't ruin the moment. ha

If she likes this type of thing, and the camera is hidden, go for it! Let us know what happens! Indeed, this is a very special moment. Sometimes, though, extra special memories between two people are best left private - you know, something you two can remember in years to come - and no one else was there or saw it? Just a thought. Ann
    Ann

The fireworks is more romantic, but the 11:11 idea has more meaning. Don't do the back to the room idea.

I think the best thing you could do, is to get a friend to tag along and take photos secretly when you are actually proposing. that way that moment can be captured in time forever!

Congrats by the way, sounds like she'll say yes.