+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How would you know if a guy is a player?

How would you know if a guy is a player?

It all started on Facebook, when I received a friend request. There's this guy, we have some mutual friends, he looked familiar, so I accepted his request. A few minutes later, he chatted with me. I asked him if I knew him from somewhere, and he said, "I was just enticed by your beauty so I decided to add you up". We chatted a bit about our college courses; since we had the same course but we took it in different universities. He is 2 years older than me. Since he got friendly and all, he asked for my number and I gave it, told him that when he texted, he would introduce himself and not give my number to anyone.

We then texted about certain stuff. He then started to ask me about my views in life, then started to ask if I had a boyfriend. I said no, I am single and I've never had a boyfriend ever since. After a few hours of texting, when he said goodnight, he said, "Good night, my charming *insert name here*". Whenever I would not reply fast, he would worry.

The next day, we played certain games on text like the question game. We asked each other certain questions. After hours of the game, he then told me, "You know what, I'm starting to like you.." Then I was like, "Oh..okay, thanks" and he was like, "Do you like me too?" And I was like, "As a friend". In one of my questions, I asked him, "Describe me" and his answer was, "Sophistically hot".

A few texts then, he told me that he was getting irritated with his girlfriend. When I asked him why, he said that his girlfriend was getting doubtful of who he was texting to. I told him to call and settle it with her. The part there is that I thought he was single, and wasn't in a relationship.

Now he is calling me everytime I won't reply or late reply to his texts. He even texted me, "Can I call you? Please?" And I don't really like to call because my parents can hear my conversations all the time. So I told him, "Why call? We can text." And he was like, "I wanna hear your mysterious voice for a cute lady like you."

The scariest part is that he just texted me that he wants to meet me the next day. Of course, I got scared so I said now. When I asked him why, I just said I don't wanna.

I've deleted and blocked him off my Facebook account, and I even downloaded an app to block his messages and calls on my phone.

Do you think he's a player? BTW, during the question game, I asked him how many girlfriends he had in the past, he said around 6-7, and most of them cheated on him. He wanted a relationship that was the "motivational".

You did the right thing to block his calls and msgs. That sounds really creepy that he would come off that strong and not even know you that well. Who cares if he is a player...he sounds needy to the point of creepiness.

Yes sounds very creepy. Sounds dangerous to do something like that. News always warns people about facebook friends and online websites. Facebook has a lot of weirdos and criminals and dangerous people so be careful about meeting people on there., I only befriend I know from personal contact or high school or a long time. don't befriend people just because the sweet talk you. He is trying to charm you and don't fall for it again. He could right out of jail, most wanted, married,stalker.etc.

Online can be creepy and like the other says sounds attention starved and needy. Needy people are creepy and come on to fast which is a warning sign.

Yes, he is obviously a player.
    signs:
    1) He has a gf while he is going after you
    2) He comes on strong
    3) He sweet-talks you (very strongly)
    4) Hits up girls on Facebook

I think he could be much worse than a player. First, he is emotionally cheating on his girlfriend. Second, he is stalking you. Third, he won't take, "no," for an answer. I see so many red flags here. You are very smart to block him. And, I would also question whether anything he has been telling you is true. Did you know there is a list of 100 questions out there? I've heard this from many of my patients. The one answering the questions gives personal information, thinking that the other person is interested in them. Often, this is just a manipulation. Be careful. You have good sense. Ann
    Ann

How can you tell when a guy is a player
    When he "adds you up" and gives you lines like this:
    "I was just enticed by your beauty so I decided to add you up".
    he told me that he was getting irritated with his girlfriend.
    Girly... stop adding people you don't even know as your friend. Tighten up your facebook privacy so that all these freaking whack jobs can't get through to you, stalk you, find out more about you then you want then to know etc.

If you don't know who they are, if they only "look familiar" but you can't place them, then don't accept the friends request.

Fix your privacy settings before a sociopath finds out where you live. Over-dramatic? Perhaps but totally possible when you're wide open to the whole cyber world to gawk at you.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 25-03-13 at 12:47 AM.

"Sophistically" isn't even a word.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

sophistically
    Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
    [edit] Adverbsophistically (comparative more sophistically, superlative most sophistically)

1.In a sophistical fashion.

*Apparently It is for some people.

Perhaps for stupid ghetto people who try to sound smart.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Yes... I'm sure thats it. It's good to know that the "ghetto people" are investing in such things as online-dictionaries and making a sound income from such.

No, ghetto people overhear "big words" and then when they attempt to rise above their lowly station, they inadvertently transliterate the good, honorable vernacular into their people's ghetto speak. That's part of being a player, which is what those ghetto people do; they give the impression of being what they are not and it is easy to call them out on it because they make simple, glaring errors like using "sophistically."
    Last edited by Love'sReject; 25-03-13 at 01:58 AM.

Ignore him. Yes hes a player, a cheat as well as 100other bad things that im not gona waste my time typing. Hes an asshole-find out who the girlfriend is and tell her what hes been up to if you want him to leave you alone. Hell be too busy trying to sweet talk her-hell have no time to bother you again

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    No, ghetto people overhear "big words" and then when they attempt to rise above their lowly station, they inadvertently transliterate the good, honorable vernacular into their people's ghetto speak. That's part of being a player, which is what those ghetto people do; they give the impression of being what they are not and it is easy to call them out on it because they make simple, glaring errors like using "sophistically."
    cool story, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    cool story, bro.
    Lol, nah dawg.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast