+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My ex-boyfriend and I are still in love but we're both engaged with other people?

My ex-boyfriend and I are still in love but we're both engaged with other people?

Years ago I met my third cousin who my parents wanted me to marry. That is because a lot of our family's properties are locked in a very old entail that excludes female heirs entirely - only males can inherit. Once my father dies, our properties go to that third cousin who is very distant and whom we didn't even know existed until after the former heirs (first cousins) died prematurely in a crash.
    My parents wanted me to marry my third cousin so that we can keep the properties within our immediate family. I wanted to challenge the entail but my dad grew to be fond of my third cousin. Still, I detested him, but eventually his nice personality and dashing good looks got the better of me and I fell in love with him. However, after he proposed to me, my mother got pregnant the first time in eighteen years, and if the baby was a boy then the boy would inherit and there would have been no need for me to marry my third cousin.
    I was conflicted about whether or not to marry him and troubled by something shameful I had done so I stayed with my aunt for the summer. Then my mother had a miscarriage. When I got back, he was angry and said I was only using him, and left before I could say "yes".
    I didn't see him for two years. By then, he was engaged to a new girl. I was angry and bitter so I got engaged to an older man. But then he started falling back in love with me, and we just kissed, but he says to me he has to marry that girl out of honor - for a while he had become lame in an injury and she cared for him all the way through. I am engaged to an older man, a media magnate, and he has evidence of an embarrassing story of a sex scandal I was involved in and threatens to publish the story to the world if I try jilting him.
    Advice? I know he loves me and I him but he is tied down by responsibility and I by blackmail. What would my papa think if he heard that story about me?!

Are you the Queen of England? Who, in this day and age wouldn't fight tooth and nail through the courts to have something like that revoked and the property divied up in a fair and equable manner?

What is your culture "Lady Mary?"

This whole thing sounds like the plot to your next book that you've presented to your publisher for review.

There are no words...

Was this a movie on Lifetime?

Can u not deny deny deny whatever hes blackmailing you with? Or find some dirt on him to use against him. Hire a private detective and find something you can use against him. He sounds like a horrible person so ull defo find something to shame himm with.

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    Can u not deny deny deny whatever hes blackmailing you with?
    Having a problem with the keyboard again Michelle? Or been drinking the furniture polish again?

Quote Originally Posted by kat82 View Post
    Was this a movie on Lifetime?
    Downton Abbey. BBC period production. I'm seriously addicted to it.

**spoiler alert**

Lady Mary, do not fret. My crystal ball says that you will fall in love with the third cousin and marry him - you will not look back. However, your sister will die in childbirth after marrying the chauffer. And the other sister gets left at the altar.

Edited to add: it's not BBC after all. It does have the feel of a BBC classic though
    Last edited by basilandthyme; 25-03-13 at 10:41 AM.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    Having a problem with the keyboard again Michelle? Or been drinking the furniture polish again?
    She reminded me of Nixon. xD

And at first this actually sounded *very* close to the family legacy of the Mayfair witches in The Witching Hour. But basil hit it dead on; now I want to see that movie, basil. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Are you the Queen of England? Who, in this day and age wouldn't fight tooth and nail through the courts to have something like that revoked and the property divied up in a fair and equable manner?

What is your culture "Lady Mary?"

This whole thing sounds like the plot to your next book that you've presented to your publisher for review.
    I am English, thank you very much.
    The last Queen of England died in 1714, so I'm sorry but I'm afraid I am not the Queen of England.

Yea... I know basilandtyme has aptly sussed out your true identity, thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Mary View Post
    The last Queen of England died in 1714, so I'm sorry but I'm afraid I am not the Queen of England.
    You must be Lady Gaga then. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
    She reminded me of Nixon. xD

And at first this actually sounded *very* close to the family legacy of the Mayfair witches in The Witching Hour. But basil hit it dead on; now I want to see that movie, basil. lol
    Rowen, it's so very soapy - but very well written. Even my hubby loves it. Maggie Smith as The Dowager steals every scene.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Mary View Post
    If the last Queen of England died in 1714, who the F is Queen Elizabeth II? And I guess we'll have to change the history around Victoria too.

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    Can u not deny deny deny whatever hes blackmailing you with? Or find some dirt on him to use against him. Hire a private detective and find something you can use against him. He sounds like a horrible person so ull defo find something to shame himm with.
    **spoiler alert**

Michelle, the shameful thing Lady Mary did was sleep with a visiting Turkish ambassador's son. She may have gotten away with this faux par, except that he died in her bed. Mother, sisters and maid helped move his body from her bed back to his own. Lady's Mary's sister, Lady Edith is the one who leaked information event because of her jealousy at being the ugly sister. The sources are too solid for Lady Mary to deny the event.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Rowen, it's so very soapy - but very well written. Even my hubby loves it. Maggie Smith as The Dowager steals every scene.
    Then I'm going to add it to my viewing list. Maggie Smith is brilliant. Thank you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast