+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Why do men cheat?

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    Just hear someone saying that if women have ten men that means she is having a one man. That means if women cant find everything she needs in one man she will find it ten men.
    So true....I got to share that with some chics I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Starnique View Post
    Thanks, I appreciate that.
    Anytime. If you need to talk, you can PM me.

I think women who choose to stay with a cheating man are insecure and co-dependent. Many like starnique said have "daddy issues" or have had a ton of bad experiences with men. I dont understand how anyone would stay in such an unhappy destructive relationship but i guess these women are self-destructive to a certain extent. Some are also attracted to drama and would get bored easily with a stable man.

The women who put up with all this crap have issues just like the men treating her so bad have issues too. Ive noticed many men who treat women badly have a destructive relationship with their mother or had a bad father figure that they looked up to.

Of course it works both ways. There are male doormats too and female serial cheats. Again it boils down to low self-esteem and co-dependency amongst other things.

I think people who have issues-attract people like them a lot of the time which results in really horrible relationships. Healthy people attract healthy people most of the time and have healthy relationships.

Not all cheat. Don't use your bad experience as a generalization.

People cheat for a variety of reasons; there's no use digging too far into the psychology behind it all...sometimes it's just as simple as ego/insecurity/boredom. There's always some excuse. Sure, it could be 'narcissism' but that condition is actually quite rare...being selfish or lacking a moral compass doesn't mean you necessarily have a bonafide personality disorder. It could just mean you're an asshole.

If you want monogamy, you won't find it by continuing to have a relationship with someone who is unfaithful. The only thing that does is make you so bitter and jaded that you come out of it convinced all men are evil. They're not.

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    Some men are narcissists: they have no empathy for your feelings, they dont understand or care about the emotional turmoil they inflict on their partner. They will cheat repeatedly no matter how perfect you are. Narcissists have a very fragile ego and they see a new conquest as an ego boost. It also gives them a sense of power if the target is difficult to achieve (the trill of the chase) they may also use cheating as a way to punish their partner for percieved wrongs. Look up narcisicm and cheating

some men are insecure and they feel like their not good enough to get the type of woman they really want so they settle for second best and wait for something better to come along. They always think the grass is greener and are never happy with what they have. If they do manage to get their perfect woman-it just makes them even more insecure coz they are convinced they are not good enough for you, they think youll hurt them, cheat on them or leave them for someone else so they do it first to hurt you first, they may also do it to boost their ego, to feel more attractive, to look good to others etc

some men are emotionally immature. The use cheating as a way to escape from reality. Instead of trying to solve the problems in your relationship, they take the easy way out or escape for awhile. They cant handle reality, real life, real relationships, real responsibility. They could be the perfect partner when everything is good between u but then bail as soon as things get tough.

Some men lack the inner strenght necessary for a real relationship. They are weak. Again when everythings good they are great but they wilk hurt you during a rough patch coz they cant handle it.

Some men cheat as a way out of an unhappy relationship coz they dont have the balls to end it with dignity.

Some men are sex addicts.

If a man cheats on you-its not ur fault. He has issues-not you and you should just dump him and find yourself a better man. Someone who is confident, inner strenght, emotional maturity, integtity and emotuonal intelligence
    I'm assuming this also applies to women who cheat, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by KeyKandiss13 View Post
    This has been a question that every woman asks about a man why do they cheat? If you have everything you need at home and have the best woman ever why cheat. it makes no sense at all men mess up perfectly good relationships to dip in another woman cup of pudding. why not talk to you girl and see what her views are on have another woman. honestly I'd rather him do it in my face rather then behind my back at least i know what he's doing. but doing it without causes it to be cheating. If a man wants an open relationship say it! its so much better to be open and honest then your giving that woman a chance to see if she wants to be with you or not. the problem with this is if the shoe was on the other foot a man would dump a woman in a min. but a woman is suppose to hold on and believe in her partner. men get so insecure about just as women do. please tell me why this happens?
    Open relationships are awesome if you can prevent the women from becoming jealous of the other partners. I've never cheated, but there were times in my relationships (during sexual "dry spells") that I felt the strong temptation to stray. With the open relationship, I didn't experience that at all.

It was a bit of a feat to keep two women emotionally satisfied, though.

With an open relationship you should be emotionally satisfying only your main partner. Open relationships usually mean open to for the purpose of having sex with others. If you are emotionally involved with someone other than your partner, and I'm sure she would be hurt by it, and would consider as cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    With an open relationship you should be emotionally satisfying only your main partner. Open relationships usually mean open to for the purpose of having sex with others. If you are emotionally involved with someone other than your partner, and I'm sure she would be hurt by it, and would consider as cheating.
    This is not necessarily how open relationships work.

Quote Originally Posted by HeheMan View Post
    This is not necessarily how open relationships work.
    This is basic.....then there would be certain agreeances or boundaries set between partners to avoid any misunderstandings. I knew a couple years ago that had an open relationship, and it had to be no dating, just sexual encounter, and there was no talk of what or who with. But strangely enough weekends away were acceptable. Once they were married the relationship was closed.

Why do men cheat?

it is simple really
    men naturally like to dominate
    no matter how watered down we are by society there come random times whenre the lights go out and the instinct takes control. for allot of men it is regrettable to cheat and usually only has to happen once or twice before it stops for good.

Why do men cheat?
    Because he can.

Seems there is always some dumb, naive, desperate woman out there that enables it. Vice versa if the question were "Why do Women cheat?"
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

For many reasons: revenge, lack of physical intimacy in current relationship, etc. But when a man cheats, it means he doesn't respect her and doesn't care about his gf enough to not want to risk it.

Some (not all) men will cheat because they don't have the balls to end the relationship when they meet someone they would prefer to be with.

I have a male friend who has been with the same girl for the past 5 years. When he cheated for the first time, we were all very curious. His reason was that he wanted to try the experience; he did not want to miss out that experience (of cheating? or of having 2 girlfriends at the same time). Anyway, the original girlfriend went berserk and wanted to break up. My male friend eventually came to his senses, saying that his original girlfriend was really the one he loved.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast