+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Would she go out with me again?

Would she go out with me again?

I want to go out with this girl again, but I wonder if there's still a chance she'd want to?

Short version:

I haven't had a girlfriend in almost 2 years. I had a really bad experience last time and have been living life alone. The "I won't make this and that mistake again" are forgotten, because I have grown since then. The rules feel different. I feel more mature now (25 years old), but still young according to society I guess. The answer to this question might be obvious, but I have not fully convinced myself. There's not really a friend to talk to about this. They are all busy, besides my mom. Should I just forget about this first time dating-in-2-years event and figure out what I want and move to a different girl?

I tried asking her to hang out again just 1 day after the first time. I asked again on a Saturday, because it was finally sunny out (stupid NW weather) and wanted to take advantage, but I don't even know if she heard me over the loud fast food place at the cash register. She tried to avoid eye contact, and even raised her eyebrows like she didn't want me being there. She looked scared/nervous too, and even nodded when I asked her out again, but ended up saying that she's too tired after I asked when she gets off work. The thing is that I never asked for her number, but she said 'you know where to find me' the night before when we said goodbyes.

She is 5-6 years younger than me. Very pretty and has a nice personality. Though I couldn't pinpoint who she is yet, I just like her. I'm just afraid I came across too dull, since it was on a Friday night after a long work week. I must have asked her out too hastily!

Extended:

I work full-time, so I am always free on weekends, and she is not. She tried avoiding eye contact, and looked scared/nervous to see me. When I asked her to go out again, she nodded without looking at me, but when I asked when she gets off, I was disappointed that it'd be after dark, and that she said she was too tired to go out again. I guess it was more about her AND the weather, than just being about her.

She's still in college, and I am 5-6 years older. She did mention (maybe on accident) that she was seeing other guys, so am I just going to be one of her 'choices'? I like her, because she's really young and full of hope and joy, and I've been beat down by society and work lol. I could see myself caring for her and protecting her if we were to have a relationship, but may not be able to keep up with her energy.

I'd always go to this fast food place after work, and would notice this girl at the cash register smiling at me. She'd also come stand beside me, pretending to clean something when I am filling up at the fountain.

So I finally took a chance, got her some coffee one Friday night, and asked her to hang out the same night. But, it was really stupid of me to ask her on a Friday night, since I didn't realize how tired I was. (I just liked her a lot!). It turns out that she is 5-6 years younger than me and is just a sophomore in college. She's really mature for her age though, which is why I liked her in the first place, and is a good working type girl.

She told me at the start of the night that she can't be out late, so we only hanged out for about an hour before she went home. We weren't too chatty that night, but she said she had fun hanging out. As we were sitting waiting for the bus alone that night, she said I didn't have to, to which I replied that 'I should', to which she replied that we stand closer to where the bus should stop.

You could ask her - but I wouldn't hold my breath for a 'yes'
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    You could ask her - but I wouldn't hold my breath for a 'yes'
    Agreed, sounds like she may or may not be interested. All you can do is try.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Try somewhere else...she is never going to have enough time to see you. To add she is at a different place in her life, she is new to being an adult and hasn't experienced it yet and she isn't going to want to settle into a relationship when she can hang out with dudes she goes to school with on a casual basis. I doubt she is looking for what you are looking for....try someone closer to you age.

Yeah you guys are right. I was stressing out on making everything sound like a fantasy to her or censoring stuff that would disappoint her.
    But I will go back to try to get her number in case we are still single some years down the road. I have a feeling she'll be successful at whatever she does, cuz she is way damn stronger than I was at her age.

Thanks!