+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How important is lust in a relationship?

How important is lust in a relationship?

A simple question really.
    How important is it? And does it always degrade after a few years?
    You cant have a strong relationship based purely in lust but can you have one based on friendship?

I kiss one girl and instantantly want to jump on her, yet another and feel, not much really. Yet the second girl will always be there regardless, solid as a rock. In this hypothetical situation which would be the better choice?

Simple!!

Neither is right. Wait for a relationship which is base on love.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

How important is it? it is important. And does it always degrade after a few years? I'm not sure.. I still feel a lot of lust towards my man after 4 and a half years
    You cant have a strong relationship based purely in lust but can you have one based on friendship? The best relationships are based on friendship. You should marry someone who is like your best friend but also sexually compatible.

I kiss one girl and instantantly want to jump on her, That is chemistry yet another and feel, not much really. Dont bother-you should feel something when you kiss.. Yet the second girl will always be there regardless, solid as a rock. It would be boring if theres no spark. In this hypothetical situation which would be the better choice? None id say coz you cant have a relationship based purely on lust or a relationship based purely on friendship. There needs to be a balance but with the first girl-if you dont really know her well yet-that lust could grow to love

I always think of lust as leading dangerously into infatuation and then breakups and broken hearts, but that's just me...

So, is it important? No. Find a relationship based on compatibility. Yes, the spark is important, but I see that as something entirely different than lust. Lust, to me, is restricting yourself just to the physical parts of a relationship and not taking the time to get to know one another. If you get to know someone, that spark will just come naturally without the shallow judgment of looks.