+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I don't know what to do...

I don't know what to do...

I'm a 15 year old guy, and I've got a crush on one of my best friends who's 16 (girl). I've had a crush on her for like almost a year. We flirted for months, I told her how I felt, she said she felt the same, but then the following week she sent me a message saying she didn't feel the same way and she was sorry for leading me on(which confused me because she did explicitly say that she liked me too, so it's not like she was leading me on, but I digress)

After that happened, I got over her eventually, but the last month or so I've felt the exact same way as I did at the beginning, if not more. Granted, it probably didn't help she asked me to her formal(senior prom) which was a couple of days ago. Basically, I don't know what to do. (You can probably tell this anyway, seeing as I am a 15 year old guy, using an internet love forum, but once again I digress)

Do I wait for the feelings to go away, or just tell her and hope for the best? (There's not really any signs she likes me or not, It's kind of like sometimes she seems to really like me(like that), and then sometimes she doesn't seem to at all...) I can't help but feel I'm friendzoned but I also really over worry about everything so I could easily be wrong...

If you need any more information feel free to ask...

Welcome to being fifteen.

Both men and women in their late twenties and even thirties don't know what they want. It's rare to have someone your age know that. But, it truly depends on the person.

I am 40 soon. It gets easier to spot what lies ahead and how genuine feelings and people are or not. However, I/we can still lack the ability to put in practice what we know to prevent the hurt. Love exist and good things is, like you will see in the future, it will come and go and will change the way it feels and it will change you..so, I can assure there is a high chance that you will have greater feelings for the women who yet to come in to your life.
    Be honest and open to your best friend but be ready if she doesn't feel the same. Becoming adult is having to courage to be true to yourself and be able to survive and get stronger whatever is the outcome

Yes, yes! to the idea that these questions STILL come up later in life...but each time you're more equipped with life experience + wisdom to be better about handling it. :-)

My question to you is - is it bothering you to keep these feelings to yourself for now? I realize it causes anxiety to dwell and wonder and such...but if you like your friendship/relationship with her as it is, maybe you should go with the flow of it - and when an opportunity to share more of how you're feeling comes up (say, at one of those times when she says or does something that makes you think she may like you more), I say why not broach the subject? :-) You don't have to do it super-seriously either...but you should do it sincerely. I think a sincere compliment goes a long way, or even being brave enough to tell a girl you like her + something unique/special you like about her, would be really meaningful and nice.

I think at worst, she would be very flattered. And at best - sky's the limit! But you won't know unless you try.

I don't think anyone ever really truly regretted saying something sincerely kind or caring to someone else. I DO think a lot of people have regretted NOT saying, though - think about it. ;-) Good luck!

Yes, yes! to the idea that these questions STILL come up later in life...but each time you're more equipped with life experience + wisdom to be better about handling it. :-)

My question to you is - is it bothering you to keep these feelings to yourself for now? I realize it causes anxiety to dwell and wonder and such...but if you like your friendship/relationship with her as it is, maybe you should go with the flow of it - and when an opportunity to share more of how you're feeling comes up (say, at one of those times when she says or does something that makes you think she may like you more), I say why not broach the subject? :-) You don't have to do it super-seriously either...but you should do it sincerely. I think a sincere compliment goes a long way, or even being brave enough to tell a girl you like her + something unique/special you like about her, would be really meaningful and nice.

I think at worst, she would be very flattered. And at best - sky's the limit! But you won't know unless you try.

I don't think anyone ever really truly regretted saying something sincerely kind or caring to someone else. I DO think a lot of people have regretted NOT saying, though - think about it. ;-) Good luck!

This is some of the best advice I've ever had the pleasure of receiving, Thank you, truly, thankyou.