+ Follow This Topic

Thread: on off friendship with girl?

on off friendship with girl?

So there's this girl who I work with - we hardly ever talk at work as we are quite busy, but when we do it is a bit flirty, but mainly friendly. I sometime see her looking at me, but this is not a common occurrence as we are so busy, and also want to give her space as she's working her way up the career ladder in the law firm we work in and I intend on leaving soon. Also trying to keep private and work life separate. When we do talk it is a bit of banter (Insulting, childish name calling etc) but sometimes it is just normal conversation.

She's got my number and on occasion we do text each other over the weekend mainly, and infrequently after work sometimes. When this does happen we usually end up talking for most of the weekend, or the evening, still a little bit flirty but the sort of conversations we have the sort when you are first dating someone, like before she has randomly text me saying 'I've missed my coach home, whyyyyyyyyyyy x' and also when you are finding out stuff about the person. It is a bit flirty, like yesterday we were talking about downloading music and she said 'I don't download music from torrent sites, i'm a good girl '

As i've stated before I don't go around texting her all the time and I don't go around work looking for her so I can flirt with her. While part of me wants to, I understand she'd probably want to run away if I did do that ha. Sometimes if we haven't spoken in a while she will come up to me and speaks to me.

Bottom line is she is a REALLY friendly girl and she does get trouble from other guys taking her personality the wrong way, like her being friendly and all that, although it confuses me most of the time, as it's hard to differentiate between her flirting and just being friendly.

Although saying that, I kind of guess the whole texting thing may be a give away that maybe there is more than a friendship there? I've got quite a few mates who are girls (some I am really close with) and they've never text me over the course of a whole weekend.

On a friends basis, we do generally get along really well.

Opinions?

Ask her if she wants to go grab a bite to eat some time. You're already talking to each other, now it's time for the next step, to actually do it in person away from work.

Ya man ask her to dinner and see where it goes from there.

Don't ask her to dinner. Ask her to go to happy hour or something light. Not coffee though..that's lame. If she's not willing to get sexual within 2 dates, drop her completely. Don't waste your time with flirts and game players.