+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Do women accept cricism?

Do women accept cricism?

Perhaps I'm wrong on this but I'd welcome the view of others. I've been around the block a bit and I get the distinct impression that women do not take criticism well. Nobody does of course because we all like to think we're perfect and I for one know that I'm not perfect. But when I've criticised a GF over some issue so often the reply is not 'yes, I was wrong and I"m sorry' but rather 'yes, but remember when you did XYZ'.
    Am I talking out of my butt on this one?

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    Perhaps I'm wrong on this but I'd welcome the view of others. I've been around the block a bit and I get the distinct impression that women do not take criticism well. Nobody does of course because we all like to think we're perfect and I for one know that I'm not perfect. But when I've criticised a GF over some issue so often the reply is not 'yes, I was wrong and I"m sorry' but rather 'yes, but remember when you did XYZ'.
    This is like asking for affirmation that the sky is blue.

I've met a lot of guys who don't accept criticism well either. It's got nothing to do with gender.

I can think of men who can't take criticism. It's not a gender issue.

As for your problem, some people can't take criticism at all...this could well be the case.

But of those who can take criticism, your delivery will make all the difference in the world. Those good old "I" statements make a huge difference.
    It's important to not 'confront' a person with the issue. Coming into the issue with a fighting stance will only put them on the defensive and nothing will be achieved. Using insults and name calling is never appropriate.

Look for the "constant" and you'll see who's letting the team down. If you've had the problem with most women you've dated, then the problem is probably in your approach. If the problem is rare, then the woman you're dating is probably the one who's letting the team down.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

*jinx* Searock
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I am going to suggest you go to my article about uninvited and invited criticism - see my signature below for Blog address. But there are two articles about this. You and your GF have to have an agreement about criticism. See what you think. Did she ask you for your opinion? What she is doing now is blowing you off and changing the topic about something you did. Are you too critical? Guys have to set up their, "suggestions." Ann
    Ann

I am going to suggest you go to my article about uninvited and invited criticism - see my signature below for Blog address. But there are two articles about this. You and your GF have to have an agreement about criticism. See what you think. Did she ask you for your opinion? What she is doing now is blowing you off and changing the topic about something you did. Are you too critical? Guys have to set up their, "suggestions." Ann
    Ann

Ill admit that I don't like to be criticized. The reason being that I am fully aware if I am in the wrong and I don't like it being pointed out coz in my own head I have already criticized myself for it. Example-I was late for work last week, I said I'm sorry-I knew it was unacceptable and was therefore annoyed when my supervisor kept going on about it coz I couldn't change it-I could only say sorry.

Any time I have been bitchy to my partner I have always apologized and feel bad afterwords and the only reason I bitch at him every now and again is coz I get frustrated that we both work 6 days and never have time to go anywhere coz were both tired. Im pissed with the situation-not with him.

I don't like being criticized, but I think some people like constructive criticism and use it to help better themselves. I'm just a sensitive person and I take things the wrong way so I get pissed haha but that's just me

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    Some do, most don't.

Nope. Broads think they are divine creatures.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.