+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I feel terrible, just need to tell someone what I did

Hahahaha, hell's no was I sexually abused in my youth lol, though in all seriousness, I mean no disrespect to those who have - that stuff's terrible.

You still need professional help regardless. You have a very abnormal aversion that you can't come to terms with on your own and its affecting your life in a negative manner.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by actualgoodguy View Post
    Hahahaha, hell's no was I sexually abused in my youth lol,
    Well with all due respect......those who have been sexually abused say the same thing. Not indicating you were but just throwing that fact out in the open

Good Luck

101% positive, unless my name's Rip Van Winkle and something happened to me during those 20 yrs I was sleeping...but seriously no, no one has ever sexually abused me, in fact I can't even recall a time in my life where I was abused in any fashion (physically, emotionally, mentally, or sexually).

I guess it is a phobia because here's the other thing I have never got. When after sporting events, phys ed in school, etc. guys would shower together. I NEVER got this. Why the H would I want to shower with other guys, I wouldn't care how sweaty, smelly, dirty I was.

The world has all kinds of people. In love, if you're a guy you can either be gay, bi, or straight but maybe there's also different extreme's of being gay or straight (kind of like politics, far left (really gay) and far right (really straight)) and maybe this is the reason for my phobia (just a theory I'm tossing out there).

*guys can also be asexual too*

You have an abnormal aversion to your same sex. You (MAY HAVE) been sexually abused and your sub conscious is protecting your conscious by not allowing you to remember (speculation) Bottomline is you, no matter what you say or do to justify your abnormal thinking, still need therapy.

There is a reason why you are so homophobic. People are not born with this type of fear of one's own gender getting anywhere near them.

Capice?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Pretty sure I would remember if I was sexually abused - kind of a traumatic event to "forget" so easily...I understand victims who want to deny what happened to them, but deep down they know the truth - I would find it impossible for people to truly forget they were sexually abused - hook them up to a lie detector and see if they change their minds.

But yes, I agree I need to change something because I sure as hell don't want to miss out on gf, wife, kids, family, sex and the best part of life - love.

Do something then. Don't just come to a forum board and vent. Nothing will change if that's all you do.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 30-03-13 at 04:44 AM. Reason: changed "with" to "will"

[QUOTE=actualgoodguy;886377]I guess it is a phobia because here's the other thing I have never got. When after sporting events, phys ed in school, etc. guys would shower together. I NEVER got this. Why the H would I want to shower with other guys, I wouldn't care how sweaty, smelly, dirty I was.[\QUOTE]

So you'd prefer to stay smelly and dirty than be seen naked in a change room? What do you think would happen if you got naked?

I can't imagine that it's about showering *with* other guys. Isn't it just a row of showers and everyone getting clean ASAP? Curious to know if other male posters interpret this as some type of naked bonding exercise.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Haha, no, it's an open space, around 40' by 20' with approx. 6 showerheads throughout the space. No doors or curtains on the outside nor any on the inside...so ya, nothing like the individual showers you're used to in the ladies locker room. And so yes, it obviously is about showering with other guys. Nothing would happen if I got naked, but I'd much rather be naked in the shower alone or with a female than a group of males..............but that's just me.

Why? Are you afraid you'll get wood and it will give away your proclivity to actually be with a guy?

I've seen enough movies and TV to know that horrible hazing rituals transpire in showers...
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Hahahahaha, yes you don't want to know some of the stories I've heard.

And of course, if a guy ever tried any of that sh*t on me I think it should be a law that deadly force is an acceptable means of defense lol...after all, I'm from the US of A and we love our heat.

...the worst one involved a banana...

So you're saying you were assaulted with a banana and now you fear one of the fleshy kind touching you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast