+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: no facebook or social media?

no facebook or social media?

Just curious what some of you may think, if someone you were interested in didn't have anything like facebook, twitter, instagram, etc. If you would assume they had stuff to hide or what? I've heard in the online dating world it's a red flag, because there's not really proof that the person is who they say they are, but I've read articles online that they say anyone who doesn't have one it should be a red flag, and even if you're interviewing for a job you should look people up on facebook.

Me personally, I deactivated mine awhile back, because I was tired of the stupid crap people post that is clearly for attention and how many likes they get. I don't have twitter, or instagram, don't really care to skype or anything. If you want to get ahold of me, send me a text and I'll get back to you when I can lol. What's everone elses opinions? Red flag? Or no biggie?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Personally, after seeing how much drama Facebook (etc) causes, I'd be happy.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Some people are just very private and not into that social media. I have a cousin and she dont have any of that. She not trying to hide anything so its not correct to assume that.

I don't like how people announce their relationships everywhere.

Better to just add each other on there, but not share private pictures,
    or announce that your in a relationship and just what you have without anyone
    else interfering and you'll see that it'll be the best decision for the two of you.

I've got a number of friends who don't use social media. I don't see anything concerning about it.

As far as applying for jobs goes, I use my FB privacy settings, so no employer could look me up anyway. Frankly, as a potential employer, I'd be dubious about someone who didn't use their FB privacy settings. Likewise, if was online dating, I would still keep my FB private.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Ive had women in the past tell me they find is so refreshing I dont use FB. Facebook is beyond the dumbest invention in the history of mankind....think about it.

Got rid of my account when a girl I was dating started to question my Likes and Post for other girls (most of which I barely knew)

If someone considered that a red flag then it would be a red flag on them....BYE BYE!!
    Last edited by surfhb2; 28-03-13 at 01:42 PM.

I don't use any of these social networking sites. I do use Google chat and email, and of course my phone, but that's it. If someone sees that as a turnoff then I'm most likely not going to be interested in them anyway.

I'm not an avid user. I could care less if someone doesn't use it.

I love social media - but I have no issues with those who don't. Except if they try to push their opinions on me
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

It's up to people themselves, not all the people like using fb

I would love to date a girl who dont have FB account or anything like that. FB ****ed up my life when I tried to get back a girl.

Not a red flag to me. Personally, I don't have any social media other than Linked in (business networking site). To me social media is boring and a complete waste of time. People are way too obsessed with facebook, instagram, and twatter (yes I purpously spelled it that way...lol).

Interesting. I expected more "who doesn't have facebook??" lol but glad I'm not the only one out there that hates that site haha

People just put too much importance on social media and lose touch with reality, it's actually pretty sad.

It's been really tough for me. I've had to use social media for years (a website developer and business owner) but Facebook in particular has caused, many, many problems for a few past relationships. If I could get off of Facebook (it's almost next to impossible because I need it to help promote my businesses), I would do it in a split second.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast