+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Dating my Best Friend

Dating my Best Friend

So me and my guy best friend decided to start dating. We are super comfortable with each other and slept with each other before we were dating like once a long time ago. But we were talking about us the other day and he says he wants to take it slow and not have sex even though last time it was great. Im super happy being with him and I don't get why he wants to go slow with me he never has ever taken it slow with any other girl hes dating. So why is he doing this and do I just go with it.

Also the other day I got him to tell me some of his sexual fantasies and he was really nervous about telling me them even though weve known each other for a really long time. And I reassured him I wouldn't judge him to get him to tell me but I think I kind of do judge him. There not bad or weird or anything I just wouldn't ever be comfortable doing them. Is this something that could wreck ou relationship in the future.

Maybe he just really likes you and he wants nothing to go wrong. He could even be in love with you

Fantasies are just fantasies-they dont have to come true. Most people like to fantasize about things that they wouldn't actually do in real life. Its too soon to be asking him these things. Go with the flow and wait until your together awhile to ask him what sexual things hed like to do with you

He wants to take it slow because he likes and respects you...this is a good thing. As for his sexual fantasies, you would have to discuss it with him and maybe down the road compromise and give him some of what he wants. As long as he is willing to do the same for you.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaCooln View Post
    He wants to take it slow because he likes and respects you...this is a good thing. As for his sexual fantasies, you would have to discuss it with him and maybe down the road compromise and give him some of what he wants. As long as he is willing to do the same for you.
    not always a good thing! some girls dont respect or appreciate thisss!

Quote Originally Posted by lamobatsman View Post
    I get the distinct impression that you dont like women. Am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by lamobatsman View Post
    I do appreciate this if that's what's going on, I just was worried because I'm the first girl he's ever really done this with. So that worried me I thought maybe he wasn't interested in me like that or something.

Quote Originally Posted by mncountrygirl View Post
    I do appreciate this if that's what's going on, I just was worried because I'm the first girl he's ever really done this with. So that worried me I thought maybe he wasn't interested in me like that or something.
    All the other ones were failed relationships. He wants to treat you differently because you are different. Sounds to me like he is serious and wants this to work. However, just go with the flow...I am sure you guys will go out, have a few drinks, and the sex the hell out of each other sooner than later.

I or girls I have been with in the past have said "lets take it slow" and that never really lasts long. If you guys are affectionate and sexual people, sex will follow so don't worry about it.