+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Physical attraction V.S. Dating

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    If your dating teenage boys or very immature men then ya theyl take one look at you and want to ask you out but some men spend a little time thinking about what they want and they value the same things we do in a partner.
    So true.Most teenage boys or very immature men only go for hot girls or the entire package.Some of these boys don't even know their place!

IMO,all boys and mature men like attractive girls. The only difference is: boys only go after hot girls instead of the unattractive ones but mature men go after hot girls and they wouldn't mind dating average-looking girls if these girls have an amazing personality.

Am I right? What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by edpjrr View Post
    haha,fair enough.A lot of guys still care about a girl's personality.Yet,I still think guys are just picky.They always want the whole package (both physical beauty and personality) and I think this is unrealistic cos no one is perfect.

Guys don't even look at average-looking girls even if these girls have a really good personality.....Guys are just picky
    Looks + personality isn't that much to ask imo. I've met women who have both. If she takes care of herself and puts legitimate effort into her appearance she should look okay at the very least unless she REALLY got screwed in the gene pool lottery. And a good personality is something anyone can develop.

As for "guys don't even look at average looking girls even if they have a really good personality" I have no idea where you're getting this from. I've seen guys get lovesick to the point of retardation for girls I thought were ugly and had less personality than a pile of dogshit. It just depends on the guy really

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    girls are picky too. attraction is important-otherwise youll just end up friends with no benefits
    When I said "average-looking",I mean she's average-looking for most people.

I'm a girl but I don't think I'm that picky.I don't always go after hot guys. Guys I used to like are average-looking or slightly below average (For most people) but I like their personality such as their sense of humour I never think they are the hottest guys I've ever seen in my life but so what? Looks are not that important. All of us will be ugly as we're getting older

All of us will be ugly as we're getting older
    Not me. I'm gonna be a human adonis who can pull college aged babes well into my 50's and beyond

Quote Originally Posted by FlaCooln View Post
    It also depends on the guys age.

Myself I need the entire package...beauty/sexy, smart, good sense of humor, and sane. Years ago I went out on a date with the hottest girl (from high school; we were in college at the time) and my friends thought I was nutz when I didn't want to go on a 2nd date with her. She was dumb as hell and that completely turned me off.

If I was just looking for sex, maybe I could deal with a dumb girl. But, I doubt I would have given her past the initial conversation as a girl can go from beautiful to ugly in my eyes if she is dumb and/or her personality sucks.
    Beauty/sexy,smart,good sense of humour, and sane?? Wow!You have a really high standard!Are you sure women with all these good traits still exist in this world?

Quote Originally Posted by dickriculous View Post
    Not me. I'm gonna be a human adonis who can pull college aged babes well into my 50's and beyond
    LOL Wow!You're very confident

Beauty/sexy,smart,good sense of humour, and sane?? Wow!You have a really high standard!Are you sure women with all these good traits still exist in this world?
    No settling for me. I'm not looking for perfection just have to be attracted to her both mentally and physically.

Quote Originally Posted by dickriculous View Post
    Looks + personality isn't that much to ask imo. I've met women who have both. If she takes care of herself and puts legitimate effort into her appearance she should look okay at the very least unless she REALLY got screwed in the gene pool lottery. And a good personality is something anyone can develop.

As for "guys don't even look at average looking girls even if they have a really good personality" I have no idea where you're getting this from. I've seen guys get lovesick to the point of retardation for girls I thought were ugly and had less personality than a pile of dogshit. It just depends on the guy really
    A good personality is something ANYONE can develop? Really? But it's really hard to change one's personality...and how do you define "a good personality"?

A good personality is something ANYONE can develop? Really? But it's really hard to change one's personality...and how do you define "a good personality"?
    Don't be cunty over dumb shit and we're good. I'm easy.

Everyone's capable of meeting that standard, but many choose to take the path of least resistance which is to give in to their demons in a way that causes them to go full retard.

Quote Originally Posted by bearz View Post
    I think what you are getting at is the typical stereotype of men being sex-driven and thinking with their dicks vs. women being more emotional and thinking with their brain. It really depends on the person itself though, all men are different just like all women are different. Compared to you women, we are just more likely to hook up with you because of your looks.

The exceptional case where I wouldn't want to date a very attractive women? When she's bat shit crazy or has way too much baggage, i.e. ex drama or children.
    *You must spread reputation to 10 more people before giving points to bearz* <-- It won't let me do that or thank you for your post, but I agree. >.<

I think when it comes to all dating, a minor part of it is the attraction. I'm not trying to sound shallow, but it's the first thing that we typically see. It doesn't have to be the magazine cut out of the perfect man or woman. It's just something small- like eyes or hair. Something that draws us in to want to know more about that person.

And once we know more about them? Looks become even less relevant because we become attracted to their personality even more.

I'm not going to say there aren't a number of people who are generally shallow and associate good looks with love. But this is just how I think it works in most cases.

I'd say it's more like this - looks are a HUGE factor in terms of getting someone's attention for both genders, the role of appearance in terms of initial attraction is undeniable, but once your foot's in the door looks suddenly have less potential to carry the day.

I'm not enough of a pussy to deny that nice tits and a shapely ass will get my attention and I'm not delusional enough to think that denying it would make me a part of some grand moral crusade, but neither am I blind enough to think that those are enough to make you relationship material.

Good looks = attention grabbing.

Good personality = attention maintenance.

You can see how this gets frustrating for those who rank very high in one area and not so high in the other.
    Last edited by dickriculous; 04-04-13 at 09:18 PM.

I dont think Flacoolns standards are too high. he pretty much summed up my standards in a man. lol and lots of people have the whole package. Looks, brains, sense of humor, personality. I dont think thats too much to ask for as long as you have all or most of those things yourself. The thing is that most these people are already taken and there is a que lining up behind them I bet Flacooln has a bunch of secret admirers.

Anyway I dont agree with the OP at all. I know lots of good looking guys who are with girls that I wouldnt consider particularly attractive but he obviously thinks she is. And the same with girls-I know lots of model women with "average" looking guys. I hate that word though.

OP why does this bother you so much? Do you consider yourself "average"?

I mean most people dont look at someone and think "uh they are ugly" or "shes average" lol. Only incredible insecure people pick at all other peoples flaws. The only time I have looked at someone and thought "ewww" is if they have no teeth or if they are morbidly obese..
    Last edited by michelle23; 04-04-13 at 09:34 PM.

I know one man who likes to throw that word around a lot "average" he says that about good looking girls but he is incredibly insecure. I actually think he is a borderline narcissist.. ive never heard my bf call anyone average. We always discuss other peoples beauty and hes never said anything nasty unless she looks totally fake or is a complete whore. He doesnt like women like that. He finds them repulsive but anytime we are just watching TV or gossiping about people we know-wed both say "shes a pretty girl" or whatever and we dont point out any of her flaws..

All men want to have sex with women they find physically attractive. Having an emotional connection, lasting friendship, love, whatever...that's a whole different story. When you get to know someone their appearance changes in your eyes. Suddenly, that hot body, nice skin and all the attractive physical features fall into the background and their personality is what you think of first. That's been my experiences anyway. I lived with this super hot guy once and all I thought about around him was sex for about a year...then as I got to know him really well he became unattractive to me.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast