+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Strange number, a lot of calls

Strange number, a lot of calls

My husband is getting phone calls from an unknown number. The first he received a call he answered, and no one said anything so he called back and got a voice mail box and didn't leave a message. He is getting calls on his work phone about 3 days a week, at different times a day. This has been going on for about 3 months. He got two phone calls from the number last night alone.

So here is my question ... what is prompting him to still answer these calls? He knows the number, it's the same everytime. He knows everytime he answers he will not get a response. After 90+ calls, I would have blocked the phone or push ignore whenever it starts ringing. Why would you torture yourself like that?

Strange calls can be a sign of an affair. Do you trust him? Is there anything else strange or unusual happening?

I recommend you save the number and ring it or ring it off his phone when hes not around or go to the network company or the police and try to find out who it is and where they are located. Whoever is ringing your husband is obsessed with him obviously. People dont do that for no reason and if it was a prank-they would block their number to unknown caller id

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    I recommend you save the number and ring it or ring it off his phone when hes not around or go to the network company or the police and try to find out who it is and where they are located. Whoever is ringing your husband is obsessed with him obviously. People dont do that for no reason and if it was a prank-they would block their number to unknown caller id
    I agree that you could ring the number. But a Telco or police won't do anything unless you are the owner of the number being called.

At any rate, if your husband objected to the calls, he could address the matter as Michelle suggested. The fact that he hasn't stopped the calls is alarming.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

She could put in a harrassment case tho or pay a dodgy or bent copper to get the info you need. You surely no someone who knows someone that could help? You could also hire a private investigator. If u think hes up to no good do whatever you need to to get the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    She could put in a harrassment case tho or pay a dodgy or bent copper to get the info you need. You surely no someone who knows someone that could help?
    You sure travel in different circles to me.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I don't think it's signs of an affair, especially if he answers the calls in front of you & told you that they are calling his work phone too (if it was an affair, he would hit ignore every time & wouldn't tell you about the work calls). It could be a stalker, or some kind of gliched marketing system. Someone either gave my # or sold it to a marketer, and for the longest time I would get multiple calls a week from this number from Washington state (I live in NJ). When I finally started answering, it was this automated thing telling me to sign up for a cruise or something. Very irritating.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    You sure travel in different circles to me.
    You don't have the internet in Australia?

Quote Originally Posted by kat82 View Post
    I don't think it's signs of an affair, especially if he answers the calls in front of you & told you that they are calling his work phone too (if it was an affair, he would hit ignore every time & wouldn't tell you about the work calls). It could be a stalker, or some kind of gliched marketing system. Someone either gave my # or sold it to a marketer, and for the longest time I would get multiple calls a week from this number from Washington state (I live in NJ). When I finally started answering, it was this automated thing telling me to sign up for a cruise or something. Very irritating.
    I was thinking that too... sounds more stalker-ish to me.

lol i dont no any bent coppers. im just saying-it is possible to find one easily if she tries.

Just Google the phone number. I always do that, and sometimes it will come up in a forum with others that have been harassed by the same call. Someone somewhere will tell you who it it.

BTW I doubt it's an affair. If that were so that would be pretty dumb of him to have them calling him all the time. Most would do it through texting, getting another phone, or via fb or skype, email etc.

theres something fishy if he hasnt just blocked the number or gotten a new phone

Quote Originally Posted by y121y View Post
    So here is my question ... what is prompting him to still answer these calls? He knows the number, it's the same everytime. He knows everytime he answers he will not get a response. After 90+ calls, I would have blocked the phone or push ignore whenever it starts ringing. Why would you torture yourself like that?
    This is what you should be asking him. He is the only one that can answer this, not us.