+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: cleaning, ugh.

cleaning, ugh.

for all you people who live with another person...

how the hell do you get them to help you clean?

do they just do it on their own? cause if they do i'm jealous.

my boyfriend does not like to clean and it stresses me out like crazy. if he does it's because i nag him to do it (i know you guys hate the word nag but yes, i f.ucking nag okay?) and even then he complains and i'm crazy! now we've had the cleaning discussion before. we've been in approximately 3 big arguments over it. i've told him that i like a house clean and that i believe both of us share that responsibility. we both work and go to school.

but i don't want to have to nag anymore. i want him to take initiative and do things. anyway, you can pm me if you want to hear more, i don't want to go on too long.

this is really the only issue i have with our relationship. otherwise, i'm a happy camper.

Well, if talking to him dont help.

Take action

Let the house be really dirty for a week, and see if he likes it. And then he might appreciate what you do and help out

i've tried that and what usually happens is i start going nutty because the house is way to messy for my taste (and i'm not exactly a neat freak). this man would let it go he wouldn't even notice it was dirty. it's not good you guys.

oh yeah, and i've tried to work things out. once i told him that we would pick a day of the week where we would spend most of the day cleaning, but we always end up having to work, or someone has to leave town, something always happens.

then i suggested we hire a cleaning person for a day or two out of the month and he doesn't want to spend the money, or he promises me that he'll help. he promises to help clean a lot but doesn't do it.

i'm i being a b.itch here?

I AM a bit of a neat freak, so I totally get it. I say hire a housekeeper whether he likes it or not. That way everyone gets what they want: you get to have a clean house, he doesn't have to clean it, and some lady is going to make a few bucks.

no, you're not being a *****.

but it seems he's just not getting it. maybe another talk about it? how about being really anal and coming up with a schedule?
    "Ogres are like onions."

i think we should hire somebody too. it would definitely cut down on the stress for me. making a schedule would make him so unhappy. it would never get followed. i've also tried giving him little, kinda easy things to do like make the bed and fold the clothes or something. that doesn't happen.

that's a good idea arty, i think i'll call one today...

yea, at least that will show him you're very serious about the cleaning up, so serious that you're even looking up prices..
    "Ogres are like onions."

Well, I think that most of women overclean. Many women are cleaning even when the place is clean, you know.

you know i read a dave barry article once that said, "guys don't see dirt". i really believe this. to them it's not there but to us it's nasty.

but overcleaning. that's funny.

What the heck is "overcleaning" unless you mean someone is trying to mop the front yard, or something? Either something is clean, or it isn't.

It all starts with parenting IMO, at least that's how it was for me. Ever since I was 12, 13 maybe, my parents would yell and get me to do the work, so i did. With me and my ex g/f, this was never an issue. It's hard to teach that though, especially when a guy isn't use to it...It takes awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Asip4u
    It all starts with parenting IMO, at least that's how it was for me. Ever since I was 12, 13 maybe, my parents would yell and get me to do the work, so i did. With me and my ex g/f, this was never an issue. It's hard to teach that though, especially when a guy isn't use to it...It takes awhile.

i totally agree and this is the case with my mikey. he is spoiled. he grew up in an italian family where the women did everything. they never taught him how to clean. he is very set in this way now.

so moms, dads, teach your kids how to clean the house!

I'm not a neat freak but I don't like sitting or staying in untidy enviorments.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast