+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Help! :(

Help! :(

So I was out clubbing a couple of weeks ago, and I met this guy called Brett who I ended up getting with (just making out), later that night I met a guy called Jack who I thought was gorgeous and always see when I'm at work (he's a customer and always comes in) and he mentioned how he's always checking me out when he does come in. So me and my group of friends ended up going back to Jack's, turns out Jack lives with Brett who ended up coming into the kitchen and asking me and Jack "how did this happen then?" But we left shortly after that.

Anyways, I was out on another occasion. I was with my friend and pointed her out to this guy who I thought was good looking, my friend went over and told him I liked him (even though I didn't ask her to) and when I walked back out I saw them talking, he said he liked me as well but couldn't do anything because I got with his friend...being Brett (I know, my luck right??).

So I kept seeing Jack at work and thought he was really cute and he'd stop to talk to me in the middle of my shift. Two weeks ago I was in a club and I bumped into Jack, we were dancing and ended up making out. We then hung out with my friend for a while and he was so lovely, he paid our club entry for this other club and I ended up going back to his house. I told him nothing else would happen and we just continued with the making out and he was totally fine with us not doing anything more, not trying anything. After a while I kept saying I was going to go home but he kept telling me to stay and we ended up falling asleep with him cuddling me, holding hands, giving me kisses on my cheek, forehead and stuff so he was being really nice. He knows I kissed Brett and mentioned it quite a few times that night but I don't know if he knows about the other friend my friend spoke to.

After that night, he texted me when he was on holiday, quite a long message as well asking me how I was and such. I replied back, and no reply. It's been 10 days and I know he's back from his holiday but I don't understand. He seemed interested, why did he text me in the first place and not bother to reply?

.... and yet another story of a girl getting overly-involved with a guy that she hasn't even been on a proper date with or know where she even stands as far as herself and how "jack" doesn't want to horn in on his friend "brett."

This whole story sounds like an episode of Coranation Street.

Anyway, doll. You're getting yourself all worked up and this guy sounds like a right player who is now ignoring you so that when he does contact you, you'll be so freaking happy that you'll give in a screw his pants off... then he'll have you where he wants you and you'll not have even been on a proper date with him nor would he have shown you that he likes you at all except for what you can give him.

Smarten up, sweety.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Overly-involved? How? I thought I had established that nothing else went on with Jack apart from us making out. Yes, I admit the situation sounds like some soap-opera drama but I don't see how it's relevant to point that out?
    Also, for someone who's supposed to offer advice, you should opt to try and not be so condescending and rude. Even if the guy did text me back, I wouldn't "give in and screw his pants off", especially since I DID mention to him when I was at his that I wouldn't do anything like that.

Nonetheless, thank you very much for that, Darling.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellymc View Post
    Overly-involved? How?
    you're effing freaked out because he's not called you or returned your text. You made out with him before you even knew where you stood with him.. There's two "hows" right there.

I thought I had established that nothing else went on with Jack apart from us making out.
    Seriously you realize that you made out with someone who hasn't given you any indication that he even would want more than a shag with you. Is all you want is a shag? Then keep up how you're hanling this and thats is exactly all you'll end up with.

Yes, I admit the situation sounds like some soap-opera drama but I don't see how it's relevant to point that out?
    Because you're handling it like it's a script and you expect your vajayjay to garner you a boyfriend. You've only made out and already you're expecting him to return your text and be all over you for more. He's playing is so that you pine for him and then you'll be even more likely to just have sex without finding out if he just wants NSA or an actual relationship with you.

Also, for someone who's supposed to offer advice, you should opt to try and not be so condescending and rude.
    Oh give it a freaking rest. Do you want me to just tell you what you want to hear? I was hardly being rude. Now I'm being agressive because you're acting like a princess who slept on the pea and now youi're cranky (there's condenscending for you)

Even if the guy did text me back, I wouldn't "give in and screw his pants off", especially since I DID mention to him when I was at his that I wouldn't do anything like that.
    yea well now you're just a challenge to conquering. You gave him a preview without even having had a coffee with him that he actually planned... you have nothing tangible from him that shows he's interested getting to know you for more than what he can fanagle out of you.

Nonetheless, thank you very much for that, Darling.
    You best read it again so that you can get past being offended because it was more than you wanted to hear and can actually grasp some sense out of it.

If you don't want to take any of it in, then you do what you think you should do and then let us know how well (or not) he treats you. Keep in mind that if he gave a crap about you, he would have contacted you the minute he got back. Instead, he makes you want him by being aloof until you do something you wouldn't normally do to try and get his attention.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

After that night, he texted me when he was on holiday, quite a long message as well asking me how I was and such. I replied back, and no reply. It's been 10 days and I know he's back from his holiday but I don't understand. He seemed interested, why did he text me in the first place and not bother to reply?
    I told you the likely reason why. Believe it or don't (your choice) but it's a known strategy that men use to subconsciously make you ache for them so that they can take advantage of you. If he calls you in a week or so, or wants to hook up back at his place after running into you at a club again. Keep what I've said to you in mind.

Or: it could simply mean he's just not that into you. Either way, you should be looking out for your own emotional health here because his action have not been from a guy that cares much.