+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Lost

Lost

so I met this really cute guy in December and we were like two peas in a pod. I mean text everyday and miss each other all time. Until I made the dumbest move ever. I was drunk one weekend and told him that I would doubt him sometimes because I always think guys are after sex. I immediately aplogized to him via text as soon as I woke up realizing what I said but no answer then I called him once two days later and still no response. A few days later my friends just so happen to be going on a double date at his job and ran into him and told him that I seriously didn't mean what I said and he told them that he felt offended and was very upset but that he would call me back. Two days went by and I still haven't heard from him so I texted him saying, "are we going to move pass this or would u prefer to move on?" and he responded "it's ok, I'm over it". So I texted him the next day and he was quick and consistent with texting me but I could tell that our chemistry thru text wasn't the same. A week goes by without hearing from him, and I met up with some frinds at his job and he walks over to me and says hi (since I had no intentions of walking to him) to me and when I left, we were flirting via text and since then he still doesn't hit me up but when I check in to say hi, he's real nice about it and will text me back. He'll even text me back in the morning if he fell asleep on me. I've tried taking him out to eat and hanging out with him but he's been telling me that he's so busy now. I just want things to go back to how they were but he's sending me weird messages. What do u guys think? Do I have a chance of making this work again?

Without sounding too harsh, it seems like it is becoming quite complicated already and I'm usually of the opinion that it shouldn't be hard this early on. I would consider ending it. If that is impossible for you, then you might just have to be honest with him and ask him out. Find out once and for all instead of beating yourself up over it

its immature of him. You confided in him that you have a hard time trusting guys and you were just looking for a little reassurance. Instead he ran a mile. That says to me that

a). you were right about him and he knows you have sussed him out so he has bailed.

or

b). hes immature and stubborn and would prefer to sulk than try to sort it out.

Either way I think your better off without him.

Well sounds really weak not being able to take a little bit of honesty. You dont deserve ignorance. As more you run after him as more confident and queen like he will become. Just say what your true feelings are right now and leave it like that. Bet he will come back for more. Just dont run after or you gona make him the centre of the world.

Thats your general view on guys so you dont have to be sorry about that - its just you.

Seriously he must be very insecure to be offented so much, so its not your fault but something inside of him that was there all the time waiting to be touched(ego?)

Yeah finaly I understood it was the ego. So chasing him and making a big deal about it will make his ego even bigger and thats what is sepperating you two now.

Yeah finaly I understood it was the ego. So chasing him and making a big deal about it will make his ego even bigger and thats what is sepperating you two now.[/QUOTE]

totally agree. it's not the text that is going on, he just makes it as excuse for you to feel guilty and run after him. such a boost to his ego.

this is not love. otherwise he would be understanding about this, not such a baby. I think it's good you saw this in him, because sooner or later his insecurities would creep out.

my advice to you - really tell what you feel. It might be something like this: i really like you and would like to go to where we were, but i see that you are taking this one thing way too far. I'm tired so either you drop it and me move forward or we move on separate ways.

Leave it like that and forget. It's his choise.