+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Advice on Dating a Stripper

The only reason divorce is easier today is that women are more independent, and have more opportunity to earn money and support themselves. 100 years ago women were chattel, had little education and no proper birth control. They were at the mercy of their husband in order to survive. Women had no choice but to stay in miserable marriages.

Ya thank **** times have changed. I would never marry a narcissistic bastard and never be a doormat to anyone! I can take care of myself! I love my man hes the best but if he ever hurts me im gone! its great us women have choices now but there are still these ****in idiots that put up with all sorts of shite! They just make the rest of us look bad

Guys are doormats too...people are just being people.

Ya i agree there are male doormats too. Just wish these people would realize they re worth more and can do better.

But a lot of them aren't worth more and can't do better. A great many of the people with broken partners are broken themselves and the so called "better" people that they are allegedly worth and should be with they would only bring down and probably be left by them to pursue someone that is in their league.

In far too many cases of bad relationships we look at one partner with whom we choose to sympathize based on our own personal and/or socialized bias and roll with it without bothering to look at the flaws in the person with whom we're sympathizing. From what I've seen, it's too uncommon for bad relationships to be a one-way street for that to be an accurate perspective.

In some cases there is only one guilty party. Example married a couple of years and one of them has an affair. You cant blame the innocent spouse for that and I dont care what anyone says.

However someone who stays with a cheat and looks for sympathy when it happens again and again-will get none.

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post

1)If you get a divorce than you are equally entitled to half. I dot see how getting whats rightfully yours as being whorish. Would you rather she was homeless?

2) Men who say sit like that are bitter and twisted. "poor me"

3) well y dont u be more careful who you marry then so you dont have to walk through a divorce court. Oh and treat ur woman right may help too!
    1) Which is it? Are women independent and self-sufficient or does she have to take half of her man's assets in order not to be homeless? Can't be both.

2) Are you EVER going to learn not to make these ridiculous sweeping generalizations based on nothing more than a thoughtless armchair analysis? Statements like this make you appear so much less intelligent than you really are.

3) And what if she is the one mistreating her man and that's why they divorce? What if they seemed perfect for each other but it turns out she was putting on a front and when her true colors come out it ruins the marriage? What if she "wasn't the type of person who would ever cheat, lie, steal, physically abuse, etc." but she did those things anyway? You're speaking in extremely broad terms here, you have to actually know the circumstances of a specific failed marriage and can only draw your conclusion based solely on how that one marriage failed, and depending on the circumstances it could easily lead you to a completely different conclusion than what you drew.

In some cases there is only one guilty party. Example married a couple of years and one of them has an affair. You cant blame the innocent spouse for that and I dont care what anyone says.
    Oh really?

Quote Originally Posted by michele23
    well y dont u be more careful who you marry then so you dont have to walk through a divorce court. Oh and treat ur woman right may help too!
    Funny, this statement would imply that not only is it your fault for being cheated on because you married the wrong person but also you should've treated that person better. Or does this only apply to men who get financially raped by a one-sided divorce court while everyone else gets a special exemption?
    Last edited by dickriculous; 02-04-13 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dickriculous View Post
    1) Which is it? Are women independent and self-sufficient or does she have to take half of her man's assets in order not to be homeless? Can't be both.
    I never said she should take half of whats his. I said she should get what is hers. If I got a divorce I would not expect anything from before we met. But if we build a home and life together I would expect half of that especially if there are children that I need to look after.

2) Are you EVER going to learn not to make these ridiculous sweeping generalizations based on nothing more than a thoughtless armchair analysis? Statements like this make you appear so much less intelligent than you really are.
    men who say shit like "men always pay for sex in some way" are bitter and twisted. That is what I meant.

3) And what if she is the one mistreating her man and that's why they divorce? What if they seemed perfect for each other but it turns out she was putting on a front and when her true colors come out it ruins the marriage? What if she "wasn't the type of person who would ever cheat, lie, steal, physically abuse, etc." but she did those things anyway? You're speaking in extremely broad terms here, you have to actually know the circumstances of a specific failed marriage and can only draw your conclusion based solely on how that one marriage failed, and depending on the circumstances it could easily lead you to a completely different conclusion than what you drew.
    I already said that ^^ to Smackie if you read the rest of my posts.

Funny, this statement would imply that not only is it your fault for being cheated on because you married the wrong person but also you should've treated that person better. Or does this only apply to men who get financially raped by a one-sided divorce court while everyone else gets a special exemption?
    No there is no excuse for cheating. if your unhappy leave.

I never said she should take half of whats his. I said she should get what is hers. If I got a divorce I would not expect anything from before we met. But if we build a home and life together I would expect half of that especially if there are children that I need to look after.
    You said equally entitled to half, not get what's hers. If he pays for 90% and owns 90% of assets and she gets half that's not "getting what's hers".

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23
    men who say shit like "men always pay for sex in some way" are bitter and twisted. That is what I meant.
    No, that's not what you meant. You meant men who think divorce court is biased are bitter and twisted, you made that very clear. The way it coincides with the rest of your post (or hell even the rest of that sentence) makes this undeniable. If you want to amend that statement and replace it with what you just now said then fine, it's probably best that you do.

I already said that ^^ to Smackie if you read the rest of my posts.
    So you amend the part of the post that I responded to? If so then we agree on this one

No, there is no excuse for cheating. if your unhappy leave.
    I know, I was calling you out on a self-contradiction. I guess I could take this as another case of you amending what you said before?
    Last edited by dickriculous; 02-04-13 at 09:22 PM.

I knew a guy who had dated several strippers and he said to stay away from them! Sex is not love to most of them he said. He is dating a normal person and is loving it. I think they will get married.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123