+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Hello Everyone!

Hello Everyone!

I am a single mother of 3 boys. I was in an abusive relationship for 12 years. In my past things were very simple when it came to dating. Met a guy, started talking, started dating, moved to the next level, complete commitment for at least 2 years then break up. I've never had an interest not work out. In other words I am so inexperienced in dating.

I waited almost 2 years after leaving my abusive relationship to start dating thinking it was only fair to myself and any man I might date, to heal first and find myself. I'm pretty secure in who I am, what I want but I have one insecurity that is annoying me and that is the sexual part. I guess being told for 12 years "all any man will ever want from you is sex" has left an impression because that's all that is on my mind from day one of meeting someone. I seem to go into things looking for signs. Testing them to see how into me they are, and playing hard to get basically. I thought I was just old fashioned in the sense of, if you make them wait then that's how you know. Wasn't always the case.

So here I am, looking to read some advice, share stories and try and understand how to have healthy relationships!

Welcome to Love Forum - Online Relationship Discussion. Enjoy your stay here...
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"