+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How do you feel about persistent guys?

How do you feel about persistent guys?

How do you feel about persistent guys?

You meet a guy that you don't really know and he's alright. He likes you a lot, doesn't hide it and you feel a bit pressured by that - so you might be keeping a little distance because you think a better man will turn up.

Does he bother you and need to play it cool to give you time and let your interest build up? Or can this guy win your heart by being persistent, positive, friendly and really nice to you? If so - could you please share some experiences you've had in the past where this has happened? You could also just write a few ideas about how to be nice to a girl in this situation. It would also help if you could say what the guy absolutely shouldn't do or it would freak you out. Thanks!

i think wats the point. if she reli liked u it wud be obvious

This guy is pretty good example what to do with a girl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPkh8lxnxmQ

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    This guy is pretty good example what to do with a girl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPkh8lxnxmQ
    Didn't get to watch the video linked because this commercial played first:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc_iT1bSrJM

If you already suspect that a better guy will show up, maybe it wouldn't be right to lead him on. Or maybe you just need to get to know him better, before you make that type of judgement. Honestly the guy sounds open and straightforward, isn't that what women want in a relationship?

((((Of course you met someone you didn't know.... haha.. ))))

I wish I had the balls to be that open with someone I liked. If he crosses the line, and you make him aware of that, and he continues, then you have an issue.

If a guy did this to me, I'd do my best to avoid him.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

If the girl doesn't know him yet, she doesn't trust him (duh), and therefore him being persistent will only spook her..
    But if they get to know each other, and he can manage to win her trust, it wouldn't hurt to be romantically persistent.
    It does depend on the girl's personality, though. Some girls really don't want to be pushed in a certain direction.

For me personally. If I was attracted to a guy-Id like to suss him out from a distance first and try to figure out whether I trust him or not. If I do trust him Id like a few casual dates before making up my mind about him and then if I really really like him AND trust him-ill relax and go with the flow

He has to make the first move though. I dont do that

The ideal situation is when she likes you too from the beginning of course, but I know many girls that weren't interested in a guy at the beginning and they ended up falling in love with him. If she's single you have a chance and you just have to find the way to conquer her. Don't be too persistent, just charmingly persistent

Also a girl might keep the distance because she's not very interested in you yet but not necessarily because she's hoping for a better guy to come along. You said in your text that she doesn't really know you, so maybe taking some time for this to happen would be important.
    Last edited by Valixy; 10-04-13 at 07:02 AM.

About persistent guys... I think it makes it easier for me at least, because if a guy shows interest in me I try to give him a chance, it's very very good to know a guy is interested in me because it will clear my doubts from the very beginning. If I don't like him I'll make it obvious, so that he stops pestering me.
    Wait for a better guy? Hmm I don't think so, I mean, if I like the guy that's being persistent with me, I'd give him a chance (I'll say it again yes), but I'd be cautious not because I am waiting for someone else, but because I'd think that maybe all he wants is sex.

I hope this can help you xD