+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Who would take their ex back or has ?

Who would take their ex back or has ?

Mine is the long-distance polish girl that started here in
    Canada, and you could read my past posts about it.

I am not taking her back, and moving on.

She wanted no part of me after being in her
    country and now is saying that she misses me after 2
    months, and wants to see how it'll work out there, I can't
    take her up on that offer, cause it'll end the same way.

What type of stories can each of you share ?
    Last edited by Kromat83; 02-04-13 at 10:48 AM.

Kromat, if you're not taking her back, what's the point of this topic? (said in the nicest possible way)
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I know if me and my current "situation" fall out, we are never getting back together again. Im never taking him back. We been thru too much and I shed too many tears in the past. If he mess up,, its a done deal. Point blank and the period.

It depends. If I were the one feeling guilty then I would take her back to make it up to her. But she would be the one who cutt me off than I would still want her back cause theres something unfinished. I wouldnt say im over a girl if I cant think of her as cool as stranger on a street or a classmate. If I still think that girl is beautifull then that means sexual tension is not gone and Im still able to love her.

I had only 2 chances to have my past loves back but I did not use them cause the were in shit and real needy. Dont find that atractive. If you want get back a lover than at least look beautiful.

Kromat id say she got another offer and when that didnt work out she came back to you. Forget about her. Dont even waste your time thinking about it anymore. It was a holiday romance. Who wants a celibate long distance thing where you see each other once a year and get dumped every time she gets asked out by someone else? Find a local girl that you can have a real relationship with.

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    Kromat id say she got another offer and when that didnt work out she came back to you. Forget about her. Dont even waste your time thinking about it anymore. It was a holiday romance. Who wants a celibate long distance thing where you see each other once a year and get dumped every time she gets asked out by someone else? Find a local girl that you can have a real relationship with.

I ain't going back to her, was just wondering if any others did.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Kromat, if you're not taking her back, what's the point of this topic? (said in the nicest possible way)
    I was about to ask the same thing. Why do you keep posting about her? Are you hoping that someone's going to tell you what you really want to hear - that there still is a chance and a way to make it work?

For most of my adult life, I have followed a scorched earth policy after each breakup. Tell her off when it's clear that the relationship is over. Cut off all contact. Destroy all reminders, or at least banish them to storage. Move on.

I made an exception for my two previous long-term relationships. The first woman was okay. We didn't have a clear breakup, we just sort of stopped talking after a minor argument, and didn't get back in touch for months. We went out two more times over the next two years, but the chemistry just wasn't there anymore. The second woman was a disaster, a single mother with kids and a drug addiction. She would get in trouble, I would break up with her, and then we would get back together later for the sake of her kids. Repeat, repeat, repeat, for nearly five years. Finally, I really understood that drugs are bad and we were never going to be happy together for long, even if she got and stayed clean.

I would never take an ex back again, partly because I care too much about my current girlfriend, and partly because my exes are all my exes for good reasons.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

No, if it didn't work the first time, then it's not going to work the second time. The only way I would take someone back if it ended the first time, is if it ended because one of our careers took us to a different country, and then we got to move to the same country because a possibility opened up.

there needs to be a change in order for a past relationship to work, otherwise you're just re-running the same situation again.

To your question, I answer with the question: If you accidentally get too close to a meat grinder and turn your arm into hamburger, do you think you'd want to make that same mistake again? I don't think so.

My last ex-boyfriend is actually the only man I've gone back to over and over. Before him, if I dumped someone, I never took them back. Ever.
    But what can I say? After John told me a week before my birthday that he might leave me for his ex, sure I was hurt, but I was glad that he chose me over Vince, in the end. And the sweet things he said somehow just made me believe I could actually mean something to someone even if they hurt me as much as he did when he wavered back and forth between us, including picking a giant argument with me on my birthday.
    Even after he left me for his best friend, somehow, after a week, it was just too sweet of an offer for me not to accept when he came crawling back (only, in hindsight, because his best friend rejected him after one date). But, to me, when it's someone you really care about, it's hard not to accept, especially when they tell you they love you. Then came the alcohol and the lies and the running around, but you'd think I'd be fed up with it and leave him once all that went down. Well, no. He dumped me, once again, for his best friend when she decided she wanted him. And for months, he wavered between wanting to come back and have me again and date some walking STD who now is his fiance. And you know what? For a few months, I still believed him each time he said he cared... I know it's stupid, and I know better now. But in a case like that, you're so close to the tree that you can't see the forest, even if that tree makes it clear by constantly telling you lies and giving promise rings to guys and girls behind your back. It's that wanting to save someone from a life of alcoholism and depression that tears you down until you feel like you're absolutely nothing which keeps you hanging on to the few good things that are said to make you feel like there's still hope.
    In the end, only lots of time away from John and a very, very, very, very large amount of reference and characteristics of him in my creative writing made it all better. He made his bed, and I don't want to be within a thousand light years of it. But, at the same time, my teacher liked my short story the best out of every one she's read because of how dark it was and how much symbolism there was, so maybe some good came of it? lol

To answer your question, no. I will never take John back again. I'm much better now.

I would! She's way better looking now. With all the pot she does, probably would treat me better too!
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.