+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to nicely tell someone you don't want to hang out with them?

How to nicely tell someone you don't want to hang out with them?

I knew this girl for a couple of years. We talk at school and through email. I am an introvert (I do have good social skills though) so I like to be by myself or in small groups more than being with lots of people. That isn't the only reason I don't really want to hang out with her, I recently started dating her friends, once she found out she was kind of mad and she told me she had feeling for me, so I think it would be kind of awkward for us to hang out. Also I don't know why she would ask me all of a sudden when she never even hinted about it before.

Shes attention whore. She didnt needed you before you became popular with her friends. Once everything will went quiet she wont bother about you again until you become popular again.

Thats what you can say to her. Cutting straight tru the shit like that will make you stronger and make things easier in longterm.
    Last edited by pcmaster; 02-04-13 at 01:06 PM.

You tell her that you can only be friends with her because you are interested in someone else and that you feel flattered that she thought of you in a romantic way......in your own words. Ann
    Ann

She said she had feeling for me when she first found out I was dating her friend which was a couple of weeks ago, but she only asked me recently to hang out.

Well, you made it clear in your post that you don't want to hang out, so you get to be polite about how you say, "NO." Enjoy dating her friend. Stop worrying about what someone you don't even care about thinks. Ann
    Ann

Quote Originally Posted by Ann Schiebert View Post
    Well, you made it clear in your post that you don't want to hang out, so you get to be polite about how you say, "NO." Enjoy dating her friend. Stop worrying about what someone you don't even care about thinks. Ann
    Well I don't care what she thinks, but I do enjoy talking to her and I would like to keep our relationship the same way it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Goku View Post
    I would like to keep our relationship the same way it is now.
    That's not going to happen, because she likes you as more than friends. You can't be friends with someone if there is physical attraction somewhere between you two (whether it's one-way or not). Tell her you're sorry but you think it's best you don't hang out until she gets over her feelings for you.

It doesnt matter anyway. Guy is 10 years old.

If your dating someone or in a relationship its not okay to spend one on one alone time with any girl whether there is romantic feelings or not. Tell her you will not disrespect your girl by hanging out with her and leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    It doesnt matter anyway. Guy is 10 years old.
    According to his profile info, he's actually 16. I see your point, but these things are better learned as soon as possible. You don't hang out with people who are attracted to you, unless you are attracted back to them AND are free to date them.

The guys age is irrelevant. He came here looking for advice and thats what hes gonna get

"Listen, bitch, I told you to gtfo." ...Oh, wait, that wouldn't be nice. My bad.

But in all seriousness, just tell her that you don't think it'd be appropriate because of her feelings for you.

Maybe shes few months older than you. Than say shes too old for you and its unaceptable for you to hang out with older women. She will understand.

" You too old, let go !"

or invite her to a club and kiss another girl in front of her:p that shud do the trick

Or better start talking about the girl you like and ask for advice etc. She wont like that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast