+ Follow This Topic
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Help with my personal goal....

Remember: Courage is not the absence of fear. Courage is experiencing fear and doing it anyway.

Phone call today kinda got sabotaged by the fact that the conversation was interrupted by my phone's battery running out...mid-sentence. So being that I was on bike heading towards the game, I had to rush to the nearest pay phone. Set up another phone conversation tomorrow afternoon.

Question: I was thinking about asking if she had Skype, as I could swear the phone she used sounded like a landline so if that is the case, I'd hate to tie up a family line...Good idea?
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Let HER worry about tying up the family phone.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Really? Not sure quite what to take from that....
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

It means it's not yours to worry about. Her phone, her family.

It wouldn't be impolite to inquire if it's a bother, but beyond that don't sweat it.

You actually FOUND a pay phone?! I haven't seen a working payphone in years.

Interesting...That was different from what I expected. But OK, I trust you and vash. Just hoped for a little rationale behind the suggestion. Also, the idea was also partially to have a conversation not yet in person but not a blase phone call...i.e., converse but have the benefit of facial cues which is very important.

Yeah, took stopping at a few gas stations. In fact, I found one outside a market in a pretty ghetto area.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    Phone call today kinda got sabotaged by the fact that the conversation was interrupted by my phone's battery running out...mid-sentence. So being that I was on bike heading towards the game, I had to rush to the nearest pay phone. Set up another phone conversation tomorrow afternoon.

Question: I was thinking about asking if she had Skype, as I could swear the phone she used sounded like a landline so if that is the case, I'd hate to tie up a family line...Good idea?
    If she didn't want you to use the family landline, she wouldn't have given you that number - basic common sense.

I was imagining online dating today. If I was offered to do Skype, I'd refuse because it would be way too awkward. Conversation is always easier face to face - so I'd only do a café or a pub for first meeting.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Or strip club, or ice skating, or bowling. Active stuff is great too for first date.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    If she didn't want you to use the family landline, she wouldn't have given you that number - basic common sense.

I was imagining online dating today. If I was offered to do Skype, I'd refuse because it would be way too awkward. Conversation is always easier face to face - so I'd only do a café or a pub for first meeting.
    I dunno...It could be somewhat inconsiderate. Hasn't even been established that it is indeed a landline but if it was, I'd be somewhat uncomfortable taking up their line..

Good point. I guess I won't suggest Skype; and duh, conversation face to face is easier. I didn't think it was at the point where I ask about meeting up yet.

I dunno...It could be somewhat inconsiderate. Hasn't even been established that it is indeed a landline but if it was, I'd be somewhat uncomfortable taking up their line..
    Bro..stop being illogical. It just makes you look like you're making excuses to get out of calling her for some unknown reason. She gave you the number she wanted you to use. End of.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Lol, I can see why you'd think I was trying to get out of it. Honestly not. I'm just somewhat worried about tying up the line but I guess you're right. Is it OK if I keep the phone conversation a bit above brief?

Also, I don't quite know what to ask during the second/re-do phone call...I am not a good phone person at all.

Have some questions let her talk and tell a joke, ask her to tell a joke too. Compliment her voice lol.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

I think I'll definitely do that (compliment her voice). Not a naturally hilarious guy, though; especially not on the spot. Damn,,

Don't "ask her to tell a joke" That's lame IMO. Humour should be spontaneous and it shouldn't be about "telling jokes" It would go over much better if it was just something silly about what has been said between the two of you or something within her profile that can be innocently made fun with. Complimenting her voice can be cool as long as you don't come off as trying to start something verbally sexual. Just a little flirty... (for now )

BTW: You can be spontaneously witty. You've shown that side of you here in this forum on several ocassions.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 09-04-13 at 02:01 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Lol, I can see why you'd think I was trying to get out of it. Honestly not. I'm just somewhat worried about tying up the line but I guess you're right. Is it OK if I keep the phone conversation a bit above brief?

Also, I don't quite know what to ask during the second/re-do phone call...I am not a good phone person at all.
    Then just tell her you're not a good phone person when it comes to "getting to know you" type convos so if you are asking too many questions that would be why. Then just sequence into a question about her. Like: "So, tell me about yourself?" What does (insert name here) do for fun?"

You would do well to get a part-time job in sales where you have to talk to people. It will help you handle all situations with more confidence which means you'll transition your convos with an easy flow of back and forths.

You're doing well.. keep on, keeping on.

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast