+ Follow This Topic
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Help with my personal goal....

Her profile was written so that it already described herself adequately and what does for fun..leaving me kind of in a hole. I get what you're saying and would totally ask those of any girl who's number I had whose profile left those areas open to ask about..
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    Her profile was written so that it already described herself adequately and what does for fun..leaving me kind of in a hole. I get what you're saying and would totally ask those of any girl who's number I had whose profile left those areas open to ask about..
    Without reading a single other post in this thread, this looks like an excuse.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Lol, wtf? It wasn't meant to. I am trying really, really hard. In fact, I begin to wonder if something is wrong with me that it requires this much effort, planning and consulting.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Yes, there is something wrong with you... you are over-analyzing all of this. This doesn't require much effort and planning. The more you think about what you're gonna say or do, the more awkward and ****ed up it's gonna be. Just be yourself, relax, go with the flow.

Just get her to talk about herself and keep her going. Remember the Dale Carnegie book. Most women don't wanna hear what a guy has to say, and if they do, they'll ask. Anyway, most of them already know what we're thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    Lol, I can see why you'd think I was trying to get out of it. Honestly not. I'm just somewhat worried about tying up the line but I guess you're right. Is it OK if I keep the phone conversation a bit above brief?
    Why is tying up a family landline so concerning? I'm a parent and I couldn't give a toss if my kids tie up the landline. It's not like I need it for dial-up internet. If someone wants me and the phone is busy, they'll call my mobile instead. You're having issues with something so incredibly insignificant.

Besides, isn't the phone call only to organise a date? It will take 5 mins max. But if you do find yourself in a flow of talking....just go with it.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Yeah, I'd thought of it only to organize a date...She mentioned in her profile about going slow, so this is on top of other things that have me kinda off my proverbial game.

Hm, didn't answer at the agreed upon time...Trying not to rush to conclusions, but these stick out to me: a) this is some kind of a game b) she changed her mind c) she was talking to another, better guy

Even if all three are true it doesn't mean that you should be anything more then slightly disappointed. Keep looking and sending out messages to other girls until you meet this one. If you never meet her, then you'll have other options to consider.

Don't put all your eggs in one basket at this point.

To add: Did you leave a message for her to give you a ring back when it was convenient for her?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Maybe she's playing hard to get.

I'll try again tomorrow.. I'd be very disappointed. Although I tried not to get too excited, I kinda celebrated it somewhat publicly that I got a phone number (on FB). If it turns out to be a dead end again....I haven't even received a response from the other girl that had the decency to reply.

Well, you can't tell the next group of new forum members that when you online dated you got zero responses. That's one step up.

If you're "very disappointed" then you're expectations are too high for what's transpired this far. Keep it in perspective or you'll shoot your self in the foot in the emotional sense.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I guess I must be a **** up. Now I know with a certainty that the other girl has no intentions to respond.

Well then if you know for certain, that's a positive. Now you can get onto the next one without worrying about her anymore.

NEXT!

That would ordinarily be the case...but something must've gone REAL wrong (i.e., my second message was incredibly lame): she initiated something by rating my profile with high regard. Whatever the problem is, if I don't find out what it is and get better at that, then all I will have is a decent enough first message and no substantial ability to send a second..

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast