+ Follow This Topic
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Help with my personal goal....

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    There is.. It's called Youtube or just google... How to Pick up Girls.
    Here you go LR:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+to+Pick+up+Girls

I wouldn't go back to the site. That's a step backwards. The goal of the site is to get the number. The goal of the number is to arrange a meeting. The goal of a meeting is to set up a date. The goal of the date is to.... usually it is to get in her pants, but let's just say "get to know her better."

Each date actually has a goal. The first date is to set up for the second date. The second for the third. She doesn't know this, but you gotta constantly do reconnaissance for your next step. Find out what she likes and dislikes and build your next contact around that. Don't fret it. You're a guy. This is naturally engrained. It comes with the spacial skills and map reading skills.

It's only a step backwards if he's accomplished a step forward, no?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

So no response to the text...Call tomorrow same time as one last shot?

If it fails, this'll be a devastating blow. She is/was soooo pretty and seemed to have the qualities I look for (and which are rare)
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    It's only a step backwards if he's accomplished a step forward, no?
    True. But he got her number already. If he goes back to the dating site, he will be competing with the 5-10 e-mails per day that she gets from other anonymous guys. He has already advanced to level 2. There is less competition at the texting/phone level, but the stakes are higher.

I understand, but I'm thinking to call or text her again is not something he should do. Once is enough. Then it's her turn. It's how we gauge mutual interest (or not) (too late he text her anyway). If she isn't responding then going through site email, she at least knows he knows he tried and she flaked and he's onto the next filly while at the same time letting her know he's open to hearing from her still if she cares to go forward.

If it fails, this'll be a devastating blow.
    Get over yourself for keeeerist sakes. You didn't even know her.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Yeah. So site e-mail msg. with what you're saying, Wakeup, and then that's it?
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Wait until tomorrow. You've already tried her twice today. IMO, that's enough for now. Don't worry about it. If she doesn't get back to you, you can still be proud of stepping out of your comfort zone and getting this far.

I can't see why she'd give you her number if she wasn't tweeked. Doing that is just lame and if she doesn't call back then you're probably better off without her and her lameness. Onward soldier.

New strategy, perhaps: Message only girls that really come across as desperate and admit never having been in a relationship. If I strike out with even the desperate, that means I really suck.

.. lol ...

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    New strategy, perhaps: Message only girls that really come across as desperate and admit never having been in a relationship. If I strike out with even the desperate, that means I really suck.
    Baaaaaad strategy. You're better than that.

I just don't know what to make of it all if this turns out like I am thinking it will. Currently, I've got a 2/3 first message response for a nice 66% rate! Way too optimistic..especially since only 1/2 responded past the second message..All that looks fine and dandy but maybe I might keep sending and sending and end up with an abysmal rate, like 5% responses or something..

Oh well, she was too attractive for me, anyway..It was just a pipe dream to think I could date a girl like her.

Those are actually about the odds of successful dating. You won't get past the first date (usually) more than 1/2 to 2/3's of the time, even less so the 2nd date... and so forth.

Same should go for you - if you see something you don't like, move on.

Looking elsewhere...It's not looking good.

I'd be really happy just to even be able to go on dates. Only relationship I've been in, never went on a proper date. Entered a relationship same day we met; in fact, we hadn't even said anything to each other before entering it.

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast