+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Help with my personal goal....

Open with I'm pretty rad... and you're totally spiffy."

Are any of the authors, music artist or movies that she's listed ones you like? Talk about that... and ask her to tell you about the ones she likes that you don't know. People like to spread the word.

You read a lot, and you've got ...interesting taste in music. Tell her about that.

Be self-deprecating (but not TOO much, don't put yourself down)...

Be funny.

If you've got no pic on your profile, send her one. I've heard from reliable sources that you're good looking. Lose your fear.

And remember:

If you don't play, you can't win. The worst she can do is say "no".

OK, I think with that, I have now got a solid idea on what to send. I'll be doing that right now! Thanks, broski.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

BTW - women like that like big words. Never use a $0.50 word when a $2.00 word will suffice. Use words like "egregious" instead of "sucks".

How's this:

"I'm pretty rad...and you're pretty spiffy. =)

Vonnegut and Bukowski are two of my faves as well! Only read one by Gabriel Garcia Marquez but I really liked it ("Love in the Time of Cholera"). I think I have a number of authors I could suggest to you and I'd like to hear any authors you like that perhaps I don't know.

-Danny
    "

She has her name in her username so I figured to level the field there...Just something to start with, maybe edit with a suggestion or two..
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Oh crap... forgot to mention - she's a Firefly fan. They're RABID. I know, I am one. Tell her you're a Browncoat, even if don't know what that means... then start reading about Firefly. WAtch it online if you can, there's only 14 episodes (I think) and a movie.

Lol. Good point. Always wanted to watch it; this gives me pretext to.

Damn, messaging is the hardest part...in person if it ever got that far is far less strenuous..

That's a good start, but too short. Pique her interest. Go into more detail.

The name-dropping is a good idea.

Ah crap. But you said it was a good start. Now to add a little...

Hmm. Earlier in the thread, I toyed with the idea of asking if her love of film and music meant liking musicals and which..Good idea, bad?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Go for it, LR, nothing new to add. I have complete confidence in you. I second what HIA says about Firefly... it's pretty awesome.

Good luck; she'll be lucky to get a date with you. Let us know how it goes.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Thanks a ton, Indi!

Just need to shape this thing up and send it. I am confident I can handle messages afterward (if I get so lucky)..

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    Ah crap. But you said it was a good start. Now to add a little...

Hmm. Earlier in the thread, I toyed with the idea of asking if her love of film and music meant liking musicals and which..Good idea, bad?
    Dude... TELL HER what you like. Ask her what she likes.

You're off to a good start.

From the format you're on OkCupid - a decent free dating site. She's smart, she likes smart guys. You're a smart guy, right? It's what you've got going for you.

I'm serious about this - if you need me to, I'll mail you my Firefly disks and the movie. I'll want 'em back tho.

I think Netflix has it for streaming, better check...

The one obstacle when you mention asking her what she likes is that she basically already listed everything she likes, albeit not every specific instance of every area of likes.

She does have biking and hiking listed as hobbies. Trying to work that in to conclude the message somehow...but "Hblah blah blah Hey I enjoy those, too. Any trails or parks you know of that I totally need to bike/hike?" seems in my mind as maybe creepy..
    Last edited by Love'sReject; 04-04-13 at 02:21 PM.

Nope, that's not creepy.

Tell her you're an avid cyclist.

OK, after developing a headache, I've finally sent it. I'm going to go pass out now....Thanks for your assistance, HIA.

Hope it works out for you, Cupcake.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast