+ Follow This Topic
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Thread: Help with my personal goal....

Who the f@ck would reply to that shite?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Normal girls, I'm sure. I mean, that is so much better than anything I could've come up with.

OK, so I got a response from the girl I thought I ****ed up with (she sent me a message first). She intends to respond to my e-mail but says she'll happily answer my questions after I fill out more of my profile...Not calling it a crazy request; never seen anything like it before. Personally, I thought my profile had enough without getting oversaturated. Maybe not?
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

I would say: Pick one of the things she likes. Ask her what she thinks about something in relation to it, say something personal about it. Mention that you enjoy she shares that interest. Good luck!

Yeah...I guess maybe I get too guilty of asking about something I also like. With what checkmate said, how do I phrase these kinds of questions? I guess the idea is to pick something she really likes and preferably that I don't also like; otherwise, I get too interested.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    Normal girls, I'm sure. I mean, that is so much better than anything I could've come up with.

OK, so I got a response from the girl I thought I ****ed up with (she sent me a message first). She intends to respond to my e-mail but says she'll happily answer my questions after I fill out more of my profile...Not calling it a crazy request; never seen anything like it before. Personally, I thought my profile had enough without getting oversaturated. Maybe not?
    There's nothing wrong with your profile, but it is a bit thin. I can tell you from personal experience that you do get better responses when your profile is filled out. Take some of those compatibility tests, too.

Hell, I had an OkStupid account that was active (never deactivated it) from when I worked at FF Inc., (we were required to have active accounts on the competitions' websites to see what worked and didn't on those sites) that was getting messages regularly until after I got married. I looked in on it and for fun changed my status to "married"... got a few emails after that that said "You're really married?"

So the lesson here - complete your profile. I would suggest that you complete your profile asap and then message that girl back with "as per your request, done."

Wow. All right, I'll do that, thanks again!

I did a bit of online dating when I was young - but it was in the newspaper back then! Newspaper dating???

Anyway, while I would have fit the bill for your "wanted", I would not have responded to you after reading your post. Here's what would put me off:

>>Outgoing, confident guy seeking in-shape, curvy, heavenly blessed beauty for some intense fun and good times<<

Yes, I was in-shape, curvy and attractive - but if a guy isn't interested in me if I don't have those attributes, then I'm not interested in him. It tells me that the guy in question is shallow.

>>I'm not replying to nut cases, drama queens, attention seekers, pen pals, pear shaped couch potatoes, or dudes dressed in their sisters panties.<<

This tells me that you're negative and cynical. Not traits I would accept in a man. Tough thing is that you ARE negative and cynical, so do you lie about yourself or be honest and hope for someone who can accept this? I don't know the answer.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Actually, I changed the opening line as per vashti's and indi's suggestions. And me, cynical and negative? Nah. Just misunderstood and abused.

ROFL. exactly. Only a negative and cynical person would describe themselves as misunderstood and abused.

I am misunderstood. Take the fact that I don't try to be funny anymore 'cuz when I made a joke, it elicited jack shit. Then, somebody else will say the same damn thing, suddenly we got Dane Cook over here!

Voice that tells a joke is importand too. You will find later on that voice tone is very importand when talking to girls. Its basicaly doesnt matter what you say its how you say it. Girls will remember emotions better than words. If you have inner confidence in voice, some passion(it comes from person who have dreams and exciting hobbies etc.) Then your voice will sound atractive.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

I was just thinking of that. The phone call on Sunday (the one she actually picked up for), I was out on a bike ride and just had a Monster yet I still managed to sound somewhat stoic...I was going to make sure I sounded better on call 2 but, well, we all know how that phone call went (or didn't).

Come to think of it, I noticed something that probably should've been a sign that it was going to go wrong (besides the fact that it's me and this girl was just way too attractive to be possible): When she picked and I asked for her and told her who was calling, she took the longest time to remember. She didn't even remember when I mentioned from OKCupid. Not a good sign at all, in retrospect.

You're way too paranoid about all these little details. You think you sounded bad because you had an energy drink? Who the **** cares? And why did you not call her from home when you had more time and would have been more relaxed?

Also, stop drinking that shit.

My point was, I might have sounded jittery and hence sabotaged my own effort. And I never make calls from home; not comfortable making calls from home. Also, I was on my way to the game at the time.

Its normal that she didnt remember. You have to call in first few hours after you get number. Or at least same day/night. Dont vory about voice tone if you dont have it just be loud thats good too.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast