+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Help with my personal goal....

^It's a deal! May I suggest "Owned by Love'sReject"?
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    DO NOT try with her again. If she's read it then leave it be and let her come to you. If she doesn't, then eff her and the horse she rode in on... her loss.

And quit being so GD picky. You can't afford to be. Pick a girl who won't intimidate you like this one did. A down to earth, attractive yet not flashy person.. just like yourself.. Capice?

... And keep it short. I've read from a thousand women that the long emails are not attention getting. In other words don't be sending missives the way I post... lolzzz
    Lol.

Anyway, the pickiness is purely about things in common, which means having to sift through profiles until the occasional girl pops up who also likes those things..
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Wakeup - Persistence sometimes works out. I suggested waiting a day or so, so he doesn't look so desperate.

LR - I'll put that up as a signature line the day you "own" me.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    Lol.

Anyway, the pickiness is purely about things in common, which means having to sift through profiles until the occasional girl pops up who also likes those things..
    Have you not ever heard of introducing one another to your likes? If that's what you've been doing all this time, just hitting on girls just like yourself, then no wonder your last interaction of any meaning with a girl was so long ago.

Don't cut your options (to email) into next to nothing by only emailing people that are exactly into only what you're into. It's insane to do that to yourself. Don't hit on someone who wants to ride naked on horseback down the centre of Orange county on a horse.. but do hit on the ones that look like they'd be willing to ride a bike or go to a hockey game or where you wouldn't mind learning how to tango (as e.g. )
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Eh, I'm just going to let this one go. I don't really much believe in sending a second message; I imagine that's a pet peeve for pretty much all attractive girls who always get second messages when they didn't much like the first.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    Wakeup - Persistence sometimes works out. I suggested waiting a day or so, so he doesn't look so desperate.

LR - I'll put that up as a signature line the day you "own" me.
    His call of course but I'm more convinced even after a day or two, he'll be taken as being annoying and then she'll likely block him and he'll be back to square one in his fear of rejection.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Hang on a second... are you sure she's read it? I don't remember being able to tell that on OkCupid. Been a while though, so I could be wrong.

OK, so today I guess a girl expressed interest....I'm interested, too, so like yesterday, I want to send a message. Having trouble with that first again, this time because the profile says considerably less. Might actually be better, not sure yet...

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    Hang on a second... are you sure she's read it? I don't remember being able to tell that on OkCupid. Been a while though, so I could be wrong.
    She was a "Visitor" this morning...Seems extremely likely that she read it and checked out my profile after..

OK, so today I guess a girl expressed interest....I'm interested, too, so like yesterday, I want to send a message. Having trouble with that first again, this time because the profile says considerably less. Might actually be better, not sure yet...
    How did she express interest?

Ahhh... ok. That makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    How did she express interest?
    OK, there's this feature "Quickmatch": rating a user 1-5 stars and if one is rated highly then one receives an e-mail saying so..Soooo yeah, that happened this morning.

Does anyone else feel like Cyrano De Bergerac?

Just remember if it looks too good to be true, it probably is...

But go for it.

Get 'em, boy!

Prior deal still stands.

Lol...Difference is, it's only the first message I need help with. I can take care of it myself beyond that and hence no need for a ghost writer/Cyrano de Bergerac at that point..

BTW, did you see the surprisingly funny, faithful Steve Martin adaptation?

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast